traktor search

Thread: traktor search

Default traktor search

i have searched this forum and NIs and since search is a really bad search term I canīt seem to find any post about it.
    anyway I am trying to create a hotkey script that serches for mixed in key keys.
    so when I play an 8A tune I hit alt gr + numpad8 and my hotkeyscript writes "8A | 7A | 8B" and it kind of works.
    it loads any tune with 8A or 8B or 7A in any column that is searchable (except the key column for some reason)

But I have some tunes released on 8bit and some files have like a number with an 8 and a b in them and so on.
    Now I am curious: are there any other search terms hidden in that search textbox -some secret search flag or anything?

that the pipe works is not documented anywhere that i seen.

hope you have some tips out there

i dont think this is possible..

a workaround could be playlists for each search item and hotkeys that open a specific list..
    then again, since traktor (STILL!) has no smart playlists, keeping them up to date can be annoying..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

hmmm... i tested a bit more with search terms and discovered that a " " is sort of a wildcard search so for instance a search for "4a !" turned up a total of 3 files that all had both 4A and a ! in the same field...(4A - From Depth... with love!)
    this means that if i found some software to go through all my 5000 tunes (yes i know i am cleaning but it is boring so it takes time) and add a Ī sign after my key in the comment field i would be golden
    is there any out there or do i have to write it myself?

are you on windows? there are some nice mp3 taggers out there..
    i tried some for mac but always ending up itunes..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

i tested some more and the wildcard search is on all fields searchable like if you have "4A" in comment and "foo fighters" in artist the f*******! searchengine find it if you search for "foo 4A", but if you search for "4a | foo" you will find all tunes with either in any field
    I must say i am sure i will not apply for a job at NI, their backlog must be enormous

oh and the keyfield that mixed in key writes to doesnīt show in itunes, media monkey or mp3tag - which is why i am thinking of writing a hack.
    MIK doesnīt allow me to control how the key is written which means that traktor sort in this amazing order:

1a
    1b
    10a
    10b
    11a
    11b
    12a
    12b
    2a
    2b
    (and so on)

and thus i really would like to force MIK (or fix it in post) to write: