Shying away from the whole all in one controllers...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Shying away from the whole all in one controllers...

I currently have a mixtrack pro, and a borrowed Novation launchpad both mapped into Traktor.

While I like the mixtrack pro, it's seriously time for something new, badly. And something about these all in one mixer-jogwheel controller I'm just not really wanting to take further personally (spacial issues mostly). I'd rather get a external mixer and then other controllers. I'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way.

The only common set up I ever really see around is the Mixer + X1 or two shindig. Seeing as the X1 is few years old now, i was wondering what other common controller set ups there are outside of the all-in-one controllers.

Suggestions?

External mixer + sound card + iPad... With that you could do everything u wanted with the x1 and even more.... Look into touch Osc or lemur or touchable...

You could always try some CDJs or turntables if that might be your thing. Otherwise your best bet would be something like you said, 2 X1s or 2 Xone K2s and a mixer. Also the new modular Behringer line that's coming out looks quite promising. You can pretty much build your whole setup based around your needs. Might want to look into the new Traktor F1 as well, but that's more of an addon controller than something you would be controlling basic functions with.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

a couple of reloop contours would do the trick if you want full control of 4 decks, although each contour can run 4 decks but it's better to have two imo, then you could map some crazy stuff to the 2 spare shifts on each controller. another and better option than the x1 is the xone k2, it has much more controls both physical and virtual.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I'd buy two K2's and a Xone:22 if I didn't have a 1D/2D/22 combo already, these things are rugged, while the K2 doesn't seem quite as rugged its pretty close.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

The X1+mixer combo is common for a reason. It just rocks
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

X1 or K2 is the ticket. This new Behringer stuff looks pretty cool, but we don't even have an official release date yet.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    The X1+mixer combo is common for a reason. It just rocks
    the best
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

SnOwday: Are you really the Expert Village YouTube guy?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

I think it comes down to whether to get a k2 or an X1, anyone wanna point out any big determining factors?

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    SnOwday: Are you really the Expert Village YouTube guy?
    Hahahaha, no. I wish

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast