Scratch: The Ultimate DJ controller pics!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Scratch: The Ultimate DJ controller pics!

via engadget.com here is the first shots of the upcoming numark controller for the Scratch: The Ultimate DJ videogame coming out in Summer/Fall..

looks like a simple,portable, design - now if someone got it mapped with an HID-MIDI converter....

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/27/s...ins-into-life/

i see this as potentially awesome, and potentially horrible.

awesome: if digital dj's can convert this, the possibilities are pretty cool. plus, we'll probably all pwn the game (if it's not crap) :P

horrible: i can smell the rise of people who are going to be like "oh shiz i'm a dj cuz i can master this game" and thus the influx and rise of more wannabe djs.

it's all speculative, but you know how influential these video game things can be
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Meh, I still say it's not going to go that way.

No one plays Rock Band and then goes out and makes it big as a lead guitarist. *shrug*

Granted, the mediums are slightly different, but still, I have a feeling once they start actually DJing they'll learn how stupid they are.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Just wanted to add this pix from a leaked shot of the game.

this is gonna be crazy to see how digital dj's are gonna be viewed after this game comes out.

I will be purchasing this game and slapping my Traktor Ready & Traktor Scratch stickers!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I don't have a console to play it, but once I do I think I'll be giving this thing a shot.

Maybe it'll teach me how to scratch (ps... I'm kidding)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I know how to scratch, its not that hard, just takes alot of pratice. It took me abt 6 months to get the basic scratches down.

I know this video game should open the door to new dj's (good and bad) and for sure add more fuel to the vinyl vs digital war. But F-it...if your a true controllerist your in it for the long run.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The first tw@t that comes up to me in the club and says "yeah man i can DJ, im on Level 10 of Ulitmate DJ Hero" gets punched in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The first tw@t that comes up to me in the club and says "yeah man i can DJ, im on Level 10 of Ulitmate DJ Hero" gets punched in the neck.

i would fly all the way to england just to see that.

Wait... i think this game has crazy potential. Think about what people allready rock out with those guitars ( yo monika ) Now imagine what posibilities are give with a free-spinning, touch sensitive turntable and 5 Akai Pro MPC-style drum pads plus that neat little fader. You can trigger your own(!) samples from a usb-mic. And the game comes with 60 (!) Battle-records. I gonna get the game just for the records rip them somehow and then give it a go in a serial program.

Somehow the signals from the controller can be converted, we´ve seen it before with the guitars. think about controlling your favorite software with this piece, maybe additional to a controller, so one can have a touch sensitive platter for little amount of cash. I fear that the crossfader will be kinda crappy, but i learned crab-scratches on a old numark-fader so there´s still a little hope that it turns out to be cool. just my 2 cents peace

Actually i think its good, it could potentialy teach a whole new generation of djs digital mixing tricks. On the flipside it could be totally crap and laughable

Either way it will without a doubt get more people interested in djing either way it goes, i think were going to see a huge influx in the amount of djs over the next few years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast