Finally got it set
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Finally got it set

Hey guys

So I've finally gotten my VCI-100 and my PadKontrols set like I want. This is how it works (Identical for decks A and B)

VCI-100 jog wheels in vinyl mode control effects. Pitch Fader controls effect knob 2. Pitch is redirected to PadKontrols. Two triggers bend up and down, two triggers move pitch up and down. Will take some adjustment, but I think I'll get used to it. X/Y pad now controls Knobs 3/4. This is going to be interesting. When I release the pads it puts Knob 4 at 0 and knob 3 at 96 (good midway point for most of the effects)

Triggers 1-4 and 5-6 are Cue Points 1-6, triggers5 and 8 at Cue/Pause and Cue/Play respectively.

Trigger 12 sets deck to Master sync, trigger 16 holds for slave. Trigger 14 is busted on one, so I haven't figured what to do with the other, and 10 is trigger Sync.

It's getting kinda interesting right now. Waiting for the MIDIFighter to come in now to replace to PK with the busted trigger.

Also have a footswitch to switch to Page 2 for control of decks C and D. I don't know how to set the X/Y pads to just stay where I left them at release. I don't think the PK can do that but it's a start.

Hope this makes sense... it's late and I'm tired. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Dayumn son! This actually looks like a sweet setup!

Nice going!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Sounds like a good setup! Have you tried hitting the hold button on the padKontrol (next to the XY pad above flam and roll)? - Try it! Now the XY pad will hold the value when you release it instead of pinging back to default!

I have been putting a little thought into the Midi Fighter vs Pad Kontrol, while the arcade buttons are really nice and provide nice rapid fire action and just a general nice feel, the pads on the pad kontrol are touch sensitive.

If you think about it, that velocity value can be used on a hell of alot of stuff that arcade buttons will never be able to do. Its very possible to map the velocity to do simple things like change the volume of the track per cue point, or if you want to get more complex its quite possible to make the pads set the level of a parameter of an effect, one step up again the velocity value could be used for controlling multiple parameters of multiple effects that engage at different velocity values. With the attack,decay,sustain,release on the micro pads even makes this more interesting but i would like to get my hands on one to test before commenting more about that

Bento, why do you have to take the fun out of it by talking about this shit? Just revel in a good thing. It doesn't always need to be better ;-)

I do agree with what you're saying. See, right now I'm not taking advantage of the velocity thing cause of all the problems I'm having with Bomes, as we've tried to work out.

Oh well

rjw - That's something I should have thought of but didn't. This is what I get for working at 3AM :-) Thanks a lot!
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Lol sorry to crash your high but been meaning to post that somewhere

Oh and good going on your setup too keep rocking it ill try to help with the bomes thing again on msn when we catch up next.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 07-03-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Got my NanoPad too. I've really been enjoying using it to remix my own breakdowns.

I do wish I had a few more buttons tho... damn that's always the case. My real draw back right now is that I'm using Bomes to translate my computer keyboard to midi... so I can't do any mappings with the nanopad without really using the few notes I have unused. I'm using Channels to eliminate any conflicts... Running through Bomes will put everything on one channel unfortunately.

I'd really like to come up with a convenient way to set Cue Points on the controller and not just trigger them.

So question, has anyone found some good uses for Flam and Roll? It doesn't do anything when I'm using the touch pad for effects.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

I think that's supposed to be used for drum machine software. I don't know if you can use it for DJ software, though.

But B33son, what do you mean by
    Quote Originally Posted by B33SON View Post
    Running through Bomes will put everything on one channel unfortunately.
    I'm confused, cause you can have the output of Bomes be on whatever channel you want.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post

I'm confused, cause you can have the output of Bomes be on whatever channel you want.
    I guess I said it wrong... the limitation seems to be that only one midi in can be selected at a time. So, if I'm translating my VCI-100, I can't also have translations for my NanoPad. Is that right?
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

The new update will change that

But you can have more than one instance of Bome open at a time, with different MIDI Ins
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast