Moombahton and Moombahcore
    Tech Wizard

Default Moombahton and Moombahcore

Hi,
    I really enjoy the sound of moombahton and want to start incorporating some in my mixes but I don't really know what artist and labels to check out, except Mad Decent, Diplo and Dillon Francis.
    Is anyone else into moombahton? If so who are you listening to?

Tech Mentor

Moombahton and Moombahcore are two very different genres imo. If you're looking for Moombahcore just check out every mainstream producer that was making dubstep six months ago (datsik, skrillex, knife party have all put out moombahcore tracks recently).

For the more laidback Moombahton, check out http://moombahtonmovement.blogspot.ca/

Tech Wizard

Check out moombah-thong.tumblr.com or moombroton.com, both have good stuff. Moombroton has more moombahcore type stuff. As far as artists, some I'd recommend are D!RTY AUD!O, gladiator, bro safari, Munchi, and Kinokoz & Tuko. That'll give you a good jumping off point.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dwdbmills View Post
    Check out moombah-thong.tumblr.com or moombroton.com, both have good stuff. Moombroton has more moombahcore type stuff. As far as artists, some I'd recommend are D!RTY AUD!O, gladiator, bro safari, Munchi, and Kinokoz & Tuko. That'll give you a good jumping off point.
    Thanks, just what I was looking for!

Feel free to check out my Beatport "I Can't Believe It's Not Moombahton" June 2012 Chart for a reference of current Moombahton and Moombahcore cuts.

http://www.beatport.com/chart/i-can-...ombahton/83061

Quote Originally Posted by MrPatrickDenny View Post
    Hi,
    I really enjoy the sound of moombahton and want to start incorporating some in my mixes but I don't really know what artist and labels to check out, except Mad Decent, Diplo and Dillon Francis.
    Is anyone else into moombahton? If so who are you listening to?
    Urban Fabric w Ken Webb
    Birmingham, Alabama USA
    Format: Indie DJ, Electro House, Dubstep, DnB, House
    www.urban-fabric.net
    www.twitter.com/urbanfabricfm

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfabric View Post
    Feel free to check out my Beatport "I Can't Believe It's Not Moombahton" June 2012 Chart for a reference of current Moombahton and Moombahcore cuts.

http://www.beatport.com/chart/i-can-...ombahton/83061

Thanks that was really helpful, do you know of any good labels to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by rotebass View Post
    Moombahton and Moombahcore are two very different genres imo. If you're looking for Moombahcore just check out every mainstream producer that was making dubstep six months ago (datsik, skrillex, knife party have all put out moombahcore tracks recently).

For the more laidback Moombahton, check out http://moombahtonmovement.blogspot.ca/
    The stuff you're talking about isn't moombahcore at all, it just has the same BPM range. it doesn't have an agreed upon name yet, it's currently just called "110", and it's not moombah-influenced in any way (except for the stuff Dillon Francis is making), it's an even cross between electrohouse and glitch hop. It gets confused with moombah because it's got the glitch hop bounce, which can sound a little like the moombah bounce when played at 110 bpm.

TL;DR, I'm cranky and hate moombah, and don't want this genre getting thrown in with it.

Quote Originally Posted by faderswagger View Post
    The stuff you're talking about isn't moombahcore at all, it just has the same BPM range. it doesn't have an agreed upon name yet, it's currently just called "110", and it's not moombah-influenced in any way (except for the stuff Dillon Francis is making), it's an even cross between electrohouse and glitch hop. It gets confused with moombah because it's got the glitch hop bounce, which can sound a little like the moombah bounce when played at 110 bpm.

TL;DR, I'm cranky and hate moombah, and don't want this genre getting thrown in with it.
    Yeah in practically every interview I've seen with the guys who are spearheading that sound they've all just referred to it as "110". I have a love for all things moombah though and my moombah mixes will often times have that stuff thrown in there as well so it's all just apples to me.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Tech Mentor

I've been following Moombahton and the variants (which there is many of) since the end of 2010, and it's grown........massively well in a relative sense. There is TONs and TONS of moombahton being produced or released each day. I suggest you check out Moombah+, and 110fm to name a few. Also ask for an invite to the MOOMBAHTON & MOOMBAHCORE group in facebook, that's the big group where the big artists post their stuff at or discuss others tracks. Can't forget to also check out the originator of this whole thing NADASTROM.

El Cuco, Rot10 Musik, Mad Decent are a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
    Urban Fabric w Ken Webb
    Birmingham, Alabama USA
    Format: Indie DJ, Electro House, Dubstep, DnB, House
    www.urban-fabric.net
    www.twitter.com/urbanfabricfm