Dj software - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dj software

Yeah thanks , i use rekordbox they came with my decks but you cannot add effects i like the quantizethough .
    Last night i downloaded a month trial of ableton and it does look quite difficult but i will download a manual and watch plenty of tutorials and yeah at some point i will be hooking my 1210's up too .
    I just need to make a little more space 1st

I find that Serato is good if you want to mix as close to software-free as possible, and Traktor if you want to get into controllerism or pile on the fx, loops and samples. Serato is pretty straight forward, whereas Traktor has lots to do, lots to mod, and much more customizability.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

serato is amazing with cdjs ... epically with hid control
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

dubspot.com is offering a free 30 lesson beginner guide to ableton and the first module is on DJing... its pretty concise, showing the fundamentals and even giving you a DJ template to start with. I'd check it out asap if you have a trial version. it is a limited time thing.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    I find that Serato is good if you want to mix as close to software-free as possible, and Traktor if you want to get into controllerism or pile on the fx, loops and samples. Serato is pretty straight forward, whereas Traktor has lots to do, lots to mod, and much more customizability.
    I agree with this completely.

Although honestly, if you're going to be using CDJ's, I don't see the need for using software. Software is best suited for vinyl emulation, or for controllers in my opinion. If you're using CDJ's, it's just overkill at that point.

As far as FX and such go though, you might look into upgrading your mixer? You can use the FX within software easily enough, but to just get those, I don't think it's really worth it over burning CD's or Thumbdrives if you're using CDJ's. I mean, they can loop and whatnot now as well even.

Do what you feel is best though. Honestly with your vinyl experience, I don't see why you don't just use the 1210's with software, no reason to even change to CDJ's unless it's a problem getting gigs.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Thanks i will be hooking my 1210s up soon it is more of a situation of wanting to push my abilities further and learn more about mixing in general i have been spinning ten year and since switching to digital and looking into software it really fascinates me and i am due a mixer upgrade but everthing is one step at a time , my mate offered me serato last night so i may have a play around with that

Oh yeah , i can't believe how easy they have made mixing noe with bpm counters on the screens of cdj's you would think anyone could just get on them and play but i have made a point of not letting myself look as i don't want to get into the habit of mixing with my eyes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12