13" screen + remix decks

Default 13" screen + remix decks

All you folks with 13" macbooks using traktor remix decks, how are you setting up traktor to display your track decks + remix deck + browser? Do you toggle different modes or somehow manage to fit everything on one screen?

I don't have the remix decks, but find it really easy to toggle between the decks and the browser just using the space bar

Tech Student

I have all decks in essential mode when i play live on my macbook air 13".
    Apple MacBook Air 13.3" :: Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Traktor Kontrol F1 :: Denon DN-HP 500 :: Traktor 2.5.0

Techno :: Minimal :: Tech-House :: Electro House :: Progressive House

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

This is my layout. I just use the browse mode whenever I need to.

I still don't understand why there is no option to not show the browser unless you bring it up with the browser only toggle...

I like to have all 4 of my decks in advanced view mode, and i need to be able to see the states of my fx groups. This isn't possible on a 13" screen, and so when you enable the advanced view for all decks it just disappears the global section.

I don't understand why NI think the browser is intrinsically more important than the global panel. When i want to look at the browser i bring it up on nearly the entire screen. It kind of stands to reason that when i'm not looking at it i don't need it at all...

Just wish they would give us the option, it's such a simple thing. Like being able to resize the controller manager window.

Switch to fullscreen and then you should be able to have a/b or c/d to show advanced mode. I mapped a button on my controller to switch between a/b-advanced or c/d-advanced.

But I agree, it should be able to totally hide the browse section...
    I like the Traktor GUI but it could be more tweakable...

One easy thing could be to just let the play, cue and other buttons in that row to just be half the height... Then you would fit advanced panels for all decks. (you use controllers for them anyway)
    Last edited by lourma; 06-15-2012 at 08:15 AM.
    www.discjockey.nu

Traktor Scratch Pro - MacBook Pro 13" - Midi Fighter 3D - Kontrol X1 - tma-1 - Pioneer CDJ-400
    Technics SL1210 MK2 - Allen & Heath Xone PX5

My main issue with the browser mode is that you can't load individual samples to the sample deck. I think you can do it in essential but I've been working with a screen that looks like Padi's with like 3 lines of browser trying to find my samples. Once I have all my samples loaded into remix tracks it wont be as much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lourma View Post
    Switch to fullscreen and then you should be able to have a/b or c/d to show advanced mode. I mapped a button on my controller to switch between a/b-advanced or c/d-advanced.
    Yeah, that was my work around too

I agree, it's not the biggest thing, and on the whole the interface is good, it's just kind of annoying to have to take up a button command with it... Still, with the F1 and some modifiers, you can map out like 6 pages each with a shift page and 20 buttons per page, so it's not like you can run short!

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    This is my layout. I just use the browse mode whenever I need to.
    ^^This!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo:Type View Post
    I still don't understand why there is no option to not show the browser unless you bring it up with the browser only toggle...

I like to have all 4 of my decks in advanced view mode, and i need to be able to see the states of my fx groups. This isn't possible on a 13" screen, and so when you enable the advanced view for all decks it just disappears the global section.

I don't understand why NI think the browser is intrinsically more important than the global panel. When i want to look at the browser i bring it up on nearly the entire screen. It kind of stands to reason that when i'm not looking at it i don't need it at all...

Just wish they would give us the option, it's such a simple thing. Like being able to resize the controller manager window.
    I've asked heaps of times on the forums as well, these little things really irk me about Traktor