About to throw the VCI out the window!
    Tech Student

Default About to throw the VCI out the window!

I know, I know.... If I wanted something easy to use, I should've purchased another controller. I moved to Dubai last November and brought my Pioneer with me. Little did I know there would be major power issues. I purchased the VCI primarily to use 4 decks with loops. I want something easy to use, as in I turn it on and it works. This damn thing has never once acted the same way twice. There are two issues that are driving me mad 1) the tempo faders never work no matter how I change the relative or direct, shift or otherwise and 2) there are glitches in the sound.

I have no idea where the problems are coming from and am at the point where IT MUST GO OUT THE WINDOW!

If I could get the thing to work, then maybe I wouldn't mind having to reset everything on every start up, but when it hasn't work right once....

Can anyone assist... No support here in the UAE.

Tech Wizard

Are you on the vci-400 eg edition with traktor? Mac or pc? Assuming your using Traktor you should try to reload the tsi mapping twice. Adjust your latency in settings / audio setup (and also the vestax Asio driver settings in Windows) to rid yourself of artifacts in the sound. Higher latency = less artifacts and less responsiveness.

Tech Student

Sorry, left some info out of the post.... Yes, the VCI 400 EG edition with Traktor 2 and now Traktor 2.5 trying to use the DJTT mapping on MacPro

2.5 has known bugs. Maybe you should try to get it working with 2.1.3 first.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by grahamfee View Post
    I know, I know.... If I wanted something easy to use, I should've purchased another controller. I moved to Dubai last November and brought my Pioneer with me. Little did I know there would be major power issues. I purchased the VCI primarily to use 4 decks with loops. I want something easy to use, as in I turn it on and it works. This damn thing has never once acted the same way twice. There are two issues that are driving me mad 1) the tempo faders never work no matter how I change the relative or direct, shift or otherwise and 2) there are glitches in the sound.

I have no idea where the problems are coming from and am at the point where IT MUST GO OUT THE WINDOW!

If I could get the thing to work, then maybe I wouldn't mind having to reset everything on every start up, but when it hasn't work right once....

Can anyone assist... No support here in the UAE.
    1) You need initialize the faders & knobs up and down so traktor knows where they are after loading. As for the tempo faders, you have to hold shift and run the up and down and then return to center to get the initialize them. I don't want to start a flame war here but if you're looping on 4 decks you probably should be using auto sync with a master clock in traktor and make sure you beat grids are set up properly.

Tech Wizard

Let us know what worked / did not work so we can assist you