looking at macbook core 2 duo unibody

Default looking at macbook core 2 duo unibody

hi guys, a little advice if you can, im looking at a macbook unibody, core 2 duo, obviously id rather have a pro, but this is within budget and ive had about enough of my win 7 machine.

its the A1278 model, my questions are.. what's the max ram it can take and is the processor upgradable to the core 2 quad of the same socket??

any help appreciated as always,

Brian.

You can't upgrade the CPU on the MB lines. RAM can have a max of 16GB, I believe (it might be 8GB). You can also upgrade the HDD and there's a mod to replace the CD with another HDD as well.

Honestly, you won't need more than 8GB, and to be honest for 95% of use, 4GB is plenty. You may need more if you are into hardcore production or syncing devices.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

8GB is the max for that model.

cool thats what i was hoping.. i already have a drive bay adaptor in my windows laptop, so would just transfer that straight over, and also throw my ssd in there too, i do also run ableton so i would probably just put in 8gb ram because i can, and because i have some lying around from an older laptop (at least i believe its the right spec, ill check when i can find it) shame about the cpu, but nevermind, ill keep hold of my windows, and if the mac's no good to me ill sell it on and wait till i can afford the pro.....

cheers for the help peeps

Ssd will make the real difference
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    8GB is the max for that model.
    according to apple it is however it will happily take 16 gig

I had the aluminum unibody macbook, was my work horse for 3 and a half years, it finished with and SSD and 4GB RAM before I upgraded but it ran faultless before I sold it earlier this year, only thing that let it down was no back-lit keyboard
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

@maxone- i couldnt use a computer without an ssd now lol

@tombruton- ill find out for sure and if it does accept it, it'll get 16gb, probably never use that much but better to just be there

@lecko- thats really good to hear, backlit keyboard isnt an issue really... it'd be nice but it's not really world ending, im sure i can live without it

i used to have one,and never had a problem running traktor,ableton etc....

was a real workhorse