Flying DJ

Thread: Flying DJ

Default Flying DJ

DJTechTools,

I am about to fly state-side from Canada to perform a gig and get some studio time. I have a Numark MixTrack Pro (Same size as S4) and a 13" MacBook Pro I need to take in my carry on. I would preferably also like to bring my Pelican Stand Pro, but I don't NEED to. The size restriction on Carry-Ons for the airline I'm flying is: 21.5"x9"x15.5" and 10 Kilos. Weight is not a problem but size might be. Does the Controllerist Backpack you sell fit within that size bracket? I need an answer as soon as possible.

Cheers-
    Ian

Tech Wizard

I fly 6 to 7 times a year and trust me they never check the size, if it can fit on your back or in your lap your good to go. I also have the mixtrack pro and have flown with it, my laptop, stand, and keyboard all shoved into a backpack.

What bag do you use to store your MixTrack?

Tech Wizard

Just a regular wesc backpack that i use for everything deff not made for dj gear lol, just look for something big enough to fit your gear and you should be just fine

Quote Originally Posted by jayjak View Post
    I fly 6 to 7 times a year and trust me they never check the size, if it can fit on your back or in your lap your good to go. I also have the mixtrack pro and have flown with it, my laptop, stand, and keyboard all shoved into a backpack.
    I've been checked a few times internationally. Italy and Greece. It just depends on how strict the airline is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Says View Post
    I've been checked a few times internationally. Italy and Greece. It just depends on how strict the airline is.
    Thanks man! Was that with the Controllerist Backpack or no? I'm specifically looking for info on that.

if the mixtrack is too big you can always just buy another one in the states :P they r mad cheap here. the 13 inch mackbook will fit in your pocket...id stuff your bag with something usefull...like weed man!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu