Still trying to make a setup [Opinions needed] [soundcard etc.]

Default Still trying to make a setup [Opinions needed] [soundcard etc.]

Okay at the moment i am using -
    1x Traktor x1
    1x Launchpad mapping for traktor
    1x Vms4 traktor mapping

I'm about to switch to vinyl and a DVS after my next gig -
    1) First off i was thinking i need a soundcard unless i want to bring my VMS4 to gigs, but most clubs already have a mixer, so would be pretty annoying
    2) Which soundcard should i get, since x1 and launchpad are usb ports - But still when i'm at the house and want to use my mixer and my turntables.
    3) What soundcard do i need to run a backup cdj at clubs [if possible], since i don't have faith in it half of the times.

I think you would need an Audio6 at the least due to the VMS4 not being Traktor Scratch certified. It would meet all your specs, as long as you want two decks (and to use Traktor).
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    I think you would need an Audio6 at the least due to the VMS4 not being Traktor Scratch certified. It would meet all your specs, as long as you want two decks (and to use Traktor).
    Okay sweet! What about number 3) would i have to run 4 decks to run a backup cdj? would i need an audio 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Childrenatplay View Post
    Okay sweet! What about number 3) would i have to run 4 decks to run a backup cdj? would i need an audio 10?
    If you just want to run a backup CDJ that would just be plugged directly into the mixer and the soundcard shouldn't matter.

You could use 3 timecode CD decks on the audio 6 though (only two vinyl turntables though).

Tech Wizard

Just invest in the Audio 10, or 8 if you can find one used. Never hurts to have the extra in/outs, so your not slapping your self a year from now when you need the extra connections (Should that time ever come) Invest now, save later.

How many ports on your MBP or PC? Im sure you have Powered USB Hub?

Yep 8 or 10 so you have the extra ins/outs if your setup grows in the future!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.