Why should I get a midifighter and what can I do with it? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mfuchs19 View Post
    No, I was serious. Only buy something that you know you will be able to fully utilize and make great sets with. If you are asking why you should buy one, then you're probably better off with a different piece of kit. When it comes to spending money, the way I look at it is since its my hard earned cash, I only want to buy something if it will totally be worth it for me and if other people have to convince me to get it, then its probably not the right think. I don't think your response needed to be as brash as it was. I understand that people may disagree, but I want to know why. I accept that our views differ, but explain to me the way you see it and maybe my opinion will change for the better. I'm always open to new ideas, I just don't like it when people smash other people without explaining themselves. It's a great piece of kit with many uses, but IMO if you have to ask others what you would use it for, you might not need it. Cheers! No hard feelings I hope, just explaining myself.

Yes to only buy something you will fully be able to utilize...but without researching it's not apparent to everyone just by reading specs what applications something may have. I personally have been trying to get into djing/production and have been doing a lot of research over the last half year. There are many things that I didn't even know exist, and many things that I knew existed but had no idea how useful or fun they could be until I asked questions.

I didn't even know how to properly record a guitar on a budget before and was using a quarter inch adapter to a eigth directly into my computer, getting horrible latency and being clueless on what to do to improve it

I did try googling around and researching but thing is I find there's a huge learning curve for this stuff, and lots of the time I don't even know where to begin in the phrasing of my questions in order to find out the answers to them.

Also on equipment that I bought for one purpose; ex: novation launchpad for ableton, doing research around and finding a free mapping for traktor which my mind was certainly not creative enough to imagine was definitely fun. A lot of people like getting different perspectives and having their mind open to the potential of gear they might even already have and be using to the fullest according to their knowledge.

use it as mood lighting
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    alright! i´m using a mf classic alongside my vc100 se. mixing external. for me it is the perfect controller for using the fx´s. i couldn´t live without it anymore. i don´t use it for cue point juggling but maybe when i get me a second one, i´ll think about it.
    Just out of curiosity, what are you controlling with the VCI-100 when mixing externally? Transport controls?
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Fraktionz View Post
    That's great to know.

My question is what are the advantages of it performance wise over let's say the most basic and cost affordable MPD16, m-audio trigger finger (both available for $40 used), or really even the higher end drum pad controllers?

Is the tacticle satisfaction really great?

I'm wondering what makes it appealing over other similar 4x4 concepts. Seen one weakness with not being sensitivity. Are there any other positives towards tight dj specific integration, and the fact that it just looks so cool.

edit: Not in anyway implying it is a rip off. Not many other controllers in comparable price ranges that I know of that let you customize it and truly send you a product unique to yourself! Props to djtechtools on that
    As far as advantages go over drum pad controllers...one big one is durability. Before i even knew what a MF was I was modding and building arcade sticks, I have tried out lots of buttons from different manufacturers and the Sanwa switches are by far my favorite. They are rated for millions of button activations. Also customization options with colors and such that you wont find elsewhere.

The positives with DJ specific integration- clip launching, effects, beat juggling, etc...the buttons are super responsive with quick activation. Doing multiple presses like triplets and such are super easy. The multitude of mappings and the ability to make your own really lets you customize it to your style of play.

Do these outweigh the cost over a $40 midi drum pad that can be programmed to do basically the same thing and is also velocity sensitive? I think this is really left up to the individual and their specific situation.

Quote Originally Posted by niftynugget View Post
    As far as advantages go over drum pad controllers...one big one is durability. Before i even knew what a MF was I was modding and building arcade sticks, I have tried out lots of buttons from different manufacturers and the Sanwa switches are by far my favorite. They are rated for millions of button activations. Also customization options with colors and such that you wont find elsewhere.

The positives with DJ specific integration- clip launching, effects, beat juggling, etc...the buttons are super responsive with quick activation. Doing multiple presses like triplets and such are super easy. The multitude of mappings and the ability to make your own really lets you customize it to your style of play.

Do these outweigh the cost over a $40 midi drum pad that can be programmed to do basically the same thing and is also velocity sensitive? I think this is really left up to the individual and their specific situation.
    Thanks found that response very helpful! I can imagine how satisfying it would be to press an arcade button, versus my very tight action pads on my mpk49. At the budget level I have yet to find something that consistently responds to my playing style so velocity sensitivity still has to be edited quite often or re-recorded multiple times therefore it's not too great of an advantage for me and I could live without it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123