Why should I get a midifighter and what can I do with it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Why should I get a midifighter and what can I do with it?

Whats the point of a midifighter? Whats the difference between the different models? What makes them cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Fressure View Post
    Whats the point of a midifighter? Whats the difference between the different models? What makes them cool?
    Questions like these are starting to make me consider leaving this forum.

Tech Convert

Because they are a matrix of buttons, so you can do whatever you want with them! (If you know how to program your midi in your software, of course). Typical uses are triggering clips, samples, cue points or instant effects (the original mapping even had combos, if you pressed some buttons in order, you would trigger a different effect).
    You could, for example, set a row on Traktor with different beat-repeat speeds, or gates, and glitch with that. You could map it to the echo freeze, and use it as a quick exit from a track.

About the models, basically:

MF: Basic button matrix.
    MFP: MF + Faders/Knobs/Buttons (Depending on wich one)
    MF3D: Added RGB button rings, accelerometers (so you can map the unit's tilt) and a bank function (4 in total).

Next time do your research yourself, we are not you own personal wikipedia or customer support. Go to YouTube and watch some examples... Hell, even the store page has a video showing what it is and what you can do!

Tech Mentor

I've looked around on the web, I was just wondering the opinion of people. And way to be a douche, thats the point of forums, to ask questions.

Tech Guru

After 8 posts im pretty certain "daggett" isnt familiar with how forums work..... its basically a 16pad midi controller that you can map how you want that uses arcade buttons.... back when the midi fighter came out it was new and fun (a lot of people got one to support the website). I personally dont see how it would benifit my setup any different to my korg nano pad as with the right mapping it can do most things I need it to...... the midi fighter 3d I could see being interesting if you are a top class dj or doing a dj battle but the average club dj looks and sounds like a fucking idiot when overly using fx but at the same time its down to personal preference really.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard26354 View Post
    Questions like these are starting to make me consider leaving this forum.
    It's a legit open ended question from someone who doesn't have a MF. As someone with a maschine I wouldnt mind hearing the answers. I can't imagine doing anything with it that I can't do with maschine.

alright! iīm using a mf classic alongside my vc100 se. mixing external. for me it is the perfect controller for using the fxīs. i couldnīt live without it anymore. i donīt use it for cue point juggling but maybe when i get me a second one, iīll think about it.

and to deckard0815: if this question give you a reason to consider about leaving, then please feel free to do so. sorry man but itīs sentences like this that give our forums a bad rep. if you donīt feel the question, just donīt contribute to the thread...just saying man
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Convert

I've looked around on the web, I was just wondering the opinion of people. And way to be a douche, thats the point of forums, to ask questions.
    Didn't mean to sound harsh, it's just that your question could have been... better phrased? What I mean is, you should have asked for opinions explicitly, because it sounded like you were asking us to tell you what the store already says. Still, I answered your question kindly.

After 8 posts im pretty certain "daggett" isnt familiar with how forums work
    The fact that I'm not an active poster on this forum doesn't mean I'm not active on others.

i find more and more the new members of these forum are quick to say "no need to be an ass; no need to be a douche". this must be the 3rd thread today I've read a new member saying it.

google was made for a reason, ya know.

the buttons are the best buttons for triggering and the new 3D model adds a cool original performance feature.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast