Problem with sound through S4
    Tech Student

Exclamation Problem with sound through S4

Hi Forum,

I have just received the S4 Complet Bundel yesterday and i bought myself a new MacBook Pro, now i got myself some 1/4 Jacks to connect the KRK Rokit 5 with the Traktor S4, the problem I have is that the only sound i get through those speakers when setting everything up with macbook and s4, is a strange continuos crackle.

As i still have my old laptop which is a vaio, i tried it with that one, and i had no problem at all with getting the sound out of the speakers.

What i did was compare the settings in the two Traktor 2.5 softwares and what i found was that the way the s4 is recognized differs, where the vaio sees the exact sound card and also create another thread showing extra sound cards, my mac doesn't do so.

And to be added, the manual of tractor 2 says when connectd with the S4, in preferences and audio setup , the audio device should be named "Traktor Kontrol S4 (ASIO)", whereas in my preferences it says "Traktor Kontrol S4 (CoreAudio).

Why is that so?? I re-installed tractor on my Mac, still the same problem.

Hope that someone can help.

Regards
    Cfish
    Last edited by Cfish; 06-19-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Further research

Tech Guru

CoreAudio = MAC , Asio = Windows . Keep looking. Good luck

Default MAC and S4 not playing well together !!

I have the same problem, just received my new MACBOOK yesterday. My HP laptop has audio but not this one. However when I switch to MAC core audio, the music and S4 work fine but it only comes through the computer speakers or headphones as a master channel only. I bought this thing because my old dual core laptop runs near 60% to 70% when running the 2.5 update and sometimes freezes. So I bought a new quad core MAC (non retina) hoping to allievate some stress on the old PC. HELP !!

Tech Wizard

check the "audio output" settings in the preferences of tractor. switch from internal to external or vise versa, i forget which one it is

Yes, look at the Traktor settings to route the output to the system audio output, might be routed to S4 output just now.

Tech Wizard

So i guess the computer is not the problem ?!!? try optimizing your laptop... turn off the wireless..stuff like that might help. I run a lenovo laptop i3, it does the job but sometimes i have to use another USB Audio interface..so its kind of a BUZZKILL

Tech Wizard

Are these super new MacBooks with USB 3.0? If so I don't believe there are drivers that will enable the s4 to work with the Macbook properly yet. There should be in the future.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChilledoutCharlie View Post
    Are these super new MacBooks with USB 3.0? If so I don't believe there are drivers that will enable the s4 to work with the Macbook properly yet. There should be in the future.
    The new beta driver for USB 3.0 just came out.