buying a launchpad.. thoughts on live vs launchpad edition - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Timtango View Post
    I'm also interested in the Launchpad + nanoKontrol2 combo... I don't like the step-mixer system on the Launchpad.

My only concern is whether the assignment of the nanoKontrol faders and buttons would follow the clips that are currently mapped to the Launchpad if the launchpad window is scrolled around?

Anyone got this combo and can comment?
    I have this combo for Ableton and I can confirm that the faders on the nanoKontrol2 do follow the Launchpad window as it scrolls. You have to do an initial setup of the nanoKontrol2 (look in its documentation on how to enable it for Ableton). Although it does scroll, I never use the feature as I try to keep things in the session view to just 8 tracks...It gets confusing otherwise for me.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Banned

Ditto. And being a total noob at midi, and way too stoned everytime I feel like getting everything working, I've failed miserably at trying to set the nano to a free midi channel. I'm gonna try to uninstall freakin' automap though, as it doesn't really work on my computer any way. The only time it showed a dialog box like I see on tutorials was the other week when I hooked up my s2 :conf:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123