VCI-100 Connection loss with Traktor Pro

Default VCI-100 Connection loss with Traktor Pro

This is the 1st time in 6 months i've had any issues with my setup

As I was about to bring a track in last night I had no response from my VCI-100 in TP

Anyways used my backup iBook to run the show while i tried to sort it

I 1st just flicked the power on and off and it worked for about 10seconds before the connection was lost again

I did a full reboot and still had the same issue, System Profiler recognises its there, there is power to the VCI-100 (lights up and midi light response)

Traktor Pro was working fine still and could load tracks and play but without my VCI

I left the VCI off for about 20 mins and then tried again, worked fine till the end of my set..

I tried different USB cables 3 to be precise and still had the random loss of connection

It's not too hot or cold in the club either

I was thinking I might need a external power supply for it, but has been running fine off bus powered for over 6 months

any help would be great
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This problem came around for me too. I don't know why it happens but I think it has to do with power distribution and Traktor freaking out if the VCI connection garbles for a hot second.

I routed everything through a MIDI Yoke channel through Bome and never had the problem again...
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah that is weird. Im certainly not gonna attempt at telling you about your Mac because you know more about them than me.

You tried all the USB ports ? So its not a goosed USB port after lots of use ?

I run my VCI off adapter . I just dont trust USB for power unless i have to.

The only thing i can compare it to is when is slowly and eventually lost the use of my track pad. USB mouse worked fine. That ended up being a new logic board. (gulp)

I though it may be a VCI prob but if Profiler shows it then the connection is good.
    I think you should get an adapter from Maplin (about 10quid) and give that a go.
    Did you try the VCI on your iBook ?

Cheers

Yeh think a trip to maplin is needed, hoping that will sort it
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.