Cheap BEHRINGER Class D Amps
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1

    Default Cheap BEHRINGER Class D Amps

    these amps are pretty amazing. With DSP software too.

    NU1000 for $200
    NU3000 for $300
    NU6000 for $400

    LINK: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2011/...ps-get-editor/

    >

  2. #2
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    these amps are pretty amazing. With DSP software too.

    NU1000 for $200
    NU3000 for $300
    NU6000 for $400

    LINK: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2011/...ps-get-editor/

    >
    I've tried the NU6000, when you first pick it up it feels like a toy. I hooked it up to a little JBL SRX715+728S rig pointing out the back door at work and it was quite impressive, adding another amp and two more cabs and it would have been more than adequate for a few hundred ppl, although the subwoofer output was a little... starved. I won't say it compares to a real deal Crown, Crest, etc but for someone on a budget the power is there.

  3. #3
    Tech Guru sobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Buy cheap, buy twice. Buy once, cry once. You get what you pay for with Behringer. At best, I'd trust this as a home amp to run a series of studio speakers and/or home DJ rigs. No matter how well it performs, I would never put my reputation on the line by trusting behringer gear out at a event. The likelihood of your party/event coming to a screeching halt due to Behringers reliability is very high. Not a situation I'd ever put myself in. I hate having to spend so much on equipment, but I know companies like QSC (just one example) are not likely to die out on me within the first few years.
    Last edited by sobi; 06-20-2012 at 01:29 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    you can buy three and have two spares for less $$$ and less weight than on big name amp. Plus, CLASS D is real and here to stay. QSC, Crown and Crest will have super lightweight high efficiency amps soon. The big car audio brands are already on board.

    >

  5. #5
    Tech Guru sobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    you can buy three and have two spares for less $$$ and less weight than on big name amp.
    >
    You'll need three just to actually get the power that they advertise as well. Behringers numbers (power wise, and maybe everything else too) are pure bullshit from what I've read. I don't claim to know a lot, but people who do (almost none of which post on this forum)... who are pro audio guys... all seem to say that the numbers Behringer advertises are no where near what their products actually pump out. If you've measured with voltage meters, etc., then I stand corrected. You might want to also stop by the speakers/amps part of the DJforums boards, as there is a ton of life long pro audio guys who would love to know how you got the numbers proving Behringers specs correct.

  6. #6

    Default

    Those iNuke amps are great. Google some reviews.

  7. #7
    Tech Mentor M.Beijer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    stockholm
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    you can buy three and have two spares for less $$$ and less weight than on big name amp. Plus, CLASS D is real and here to stay. QSC, Crown and Crest will have super lightweight high efficiency amps soon. The big car audio brands are already on board.

    >
    True dat!

  8. #8
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Apparently the RMS power is roughly half of the quoted power. Still good value it seems!

  9. #9
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Plus, CLASS D is real and here to stay. QSC, Crown and Crest will have super lightweight high efficiency amps soon.
    ummm, soon?

    http://www.itechhd.com/
    http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/xti2.htm
    http://www.qscaudio.com/products/amps/plx2/

    Not as light per say, but way more power (particularly the iTechs).

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    You'll need three just to actually get the power that they advertise as well. Behringers numbers (power wise, and maybe everything else too) are pure bullshit from what I've read. I don't claim to know a lot, but people who do (almost none of which post on this forum)... who are pro audio guys... all seem to say that the numbers Behringer advertises are no where near what their products actually pump out. If you've measured with voltage meters, etc., then I stand corrected. You might want to also stop by the speakers/amps part of the DJforums boards, as there is a ton of life long pro audio guys who would love to know how you got the numbers proving Behringers specs correct.
    It's really kind of funny, because absolutely nothing you just said matters in the slightest in any practical setting, outside of a sound engineer's circle jerk or a forum. Punters don't care about the clarity or vibrancy of an amp's output, nor do they care about the exact power levels the amps are putting out, they just want music to play from the speakers, and if a cheap amp does that relatively well, then more power to the purchaser's wallet. Reliability is moot, it's a class D amp, there isn't much that can go out outside of QC. And there's a 3 year warranty on everything.

    High end amps and cabs exist because people who can hear the difference are the ones that are buying them. No average person cares about what a sound engineer thinks, they just want them to make the music play. If that can be accomplished on the cheap, then so be it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •