Keyboard SHIFT for MIDI Contoller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Keyboard SHIFT for MIDI Contoller

Is it possible to assign a key on your laptop keyboard (for example the SPACEBAR) that could be utilized as a SHIFT key for your MIDI controller?

>

Not possible. Only a button on the controller can act as a shift for the controller.

shucks. thanks.

Pretty sure you can do it with midi masher.

But yeah... another gaping hole showing us how painfully bad NI is at making software.

only because you replied faderswagger...

"VDJ can do it"

variables are set for the entire program or the deck it was activated on not per controller so this would be possible

I'm not sure you could do it with midimasher though as it is recognised as a virtual device in traktor the same as a controller, so if you can't do it with just a controller and the keyboard it wouldn't work. but you could set the same global shift over all of your controllers.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Actually you can do this, I have set up 5 "pages" on my F1's midi mode to control track decks, loops and FX
    You do it using the key on your keyboard to toggle a modifier value.

You have to set the toggle manually, like this: (Let's assume you want to use the spacebar as you suggested)
    Set the spacebar to modifier #1 at value 1
    Then also set the spacebar to modifier #1 at value 0 with the condition of modifier #1 = 1 to account for the off state (ie: the "normal page")

Now every input and output command you want for your shift page needs to have the condition M1=1 and every command for the
    normal page needs to have the condition M1=0

You can keep adding "pages" as long as you have modifiers values to spare. (They go up to 7)

Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by faderswagger View Post
    another gaping hole showing us how painfully bad NI is at making software.
    Just to play Devils Advocate...

It seems unproductive to make unsubstantiated claims about NI without having a full grasp of the facts.

Granted they are too quick to release versions without ironing out bugs, but to label them as "painfully bad"
    seems like quite an overstatement.

The last time i checked, Native Instruments had created plugins and software that has completely revolutionised and propelled electronic music and DJ'ing forward...

i will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo:Type View Post
    Just to play Devils Advocate...

It seems unproductive to make unsubstantiated claims about NI without having a full grasp of the facts.

Granted they are too quick to release versions without ironing out bugs, but to label them as "painfully bad"
    seems like quite an overstatement.

The last time i checked, Native Instruments had created plugins and software that has completely revolutionised and propelled electronic music and DJ'ing forward...

Lawl okay man, you asked for this.

Just to play that-guy-that-apparently-DOES-have-a-pretty-firm-grasp-of-the-facts...

No, that doesn't work. Modifiers are, as we already discussed, not global. They are tied to the controller that they are effecting. Try switching the control for one of those "pages" you talked about to a keyboard command. Won't work. Did you not read the previous comments...? The entire thread is about how you can't do the simple thing that you just explained like it was to a five year old.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast