Dubspot...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dubspot...

Default Dubspot...

Is it worth it? I've been DJing for over a year now and looking to take the Digital DJing with Traktor Pro 2 program.
    I really want to, but i just don't know if I can drop 800 bucks for it. Thoughts?

I'd never do it personally... You can learn all of the same stuff on forums and on youtube.

What are you hoping to get out of it specifically?

Ever since I've started DJing, I've learned from youtube and DJTT. I really would like to try something different to spice it up a little bit. I'm not really looking to get anything specific out of it, more of an overall learning experience with Shiftee and Endo. There's always more to learn anyway...

Well, most of us on this forum pretty much think Shiftee's a twat ( )... And DJ-wise I've never seen endo do anything interesting personally.

But yeah, if you think you're a dependent learner that needs that sort of thing, go for it.
    I'd suggest the alternative is watching performance videos (ean golden, DJ Craze, etc.) and figuring out/asking people, how they do what they're doing.
    Last edited by faderswagger; 06-21-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Personally I think Shiftee is a cool guy...but to each his own i guess.Thanks for your input, still unsure of what i'm going to do though.

fader you must be talking about the 1% of the people here.

Shiftiee is a don and is loved here.

I'm not sure the collective would remotely agree with faders opinion. Shiftee won DMC for a reason, hes pretty innovative with his stuff at times, albeit he tries a little too hard to witty, its all in fun.

As for dubspot not being worth it and learning everything from youtube, im sorry but thats like saying I can get my bachelors from university of phoenix online and its legit.

Sure some people can learn it all online, but I can tell you a lot of people try that approach and fail miserably. Additionally if living in NY the contacts that can gained from the school is very very helpful. Many have come back saying they learned a lot, but made great connects with many others in the scene on NY.

Shiftee's a great DJ, he did win the DMC for a reason... I just said he was a twat... There have been several threads about this, and from that sampling i guess I've assumed the majority think he's a twat. "Twat" is pretty subjective, and I was just making a joke.

And FFS dude, you're putting words in my mouth. I said that if the dude learns like that, then he should go to dubspot, if not, consider learning online.

Thanks for the help guys...Has anyone here done any of the programs?

I did a few of Dubspot's one-day seminars and can tell you they were very helpful. Doing an intensive program would be fantastic; well worth the money if you can afford it, imho.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast