SD/USB DJ VS COMPUTER DJ (my future setup)

View Poll Results: What do you DeeJay with

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • SD USB

1 10.00%
  • Digital

6 60.00%
  • All of them

3 30.00%
  • Cd

0 0%
  • Vinyl

0 0%

Default SD/USB DJ VS COMPUTER DJ (my future setup)

Okay sorry for my english!

I started deejaying as 13 year old dude with cds on a denon 2100f the to CDJ 1000. That is 11 years ago now i deejay with a S4 or hid cdj2000 with an x1. That is the short story of my dj career of my medie gear.

The quiz/ dilema.
    Every weekend or every other weekend i play around at clubs her in norway and i care around on that **** up heavy S4 case and one back pack full of stuff. I have to meet up minimum 45 min before my gigs to set up the Mac, s4, check sound from the s4, check the other deejay gear that i am hooking me up to.
    And today i played at my friends house with his two CDJ 2000 and one djm900 and some SD card. loved it! I havendt beat mixed like that for ages. All the clubs i play for have CDJ 2000 with a DJM 2000 or 900.

Please tell my i even bother doing this when i just can take my headset and some SD cards and go play. I am a DeeJay not a produser. I dont make music i play music.
    please convince me to keep me playing digital.

My total setup today MACBOOK PRO 15 2010, 2.66GHz i7, 500gB 7200rpm, 8GB RAM + IPAD 2 64GB 3G version + TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2.5 + TRAKTOR AUDIO 10 + NI KS4 + 2 x NI KX1 + PIONEER HDJ-2000

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by discofil View Post
    Okay sorry for my english!

I started deejaying as 13 year old dude with cds on a denon 2100f the to CDJ 1000. That is 11 years ago now i deejay with a S4 or hid cdj2000 with an x1. That is the short story of my dj career of my medie gear.

The quiz/ dilema.
    Every weekend or every other weekend i play around at clubs her in norway and i care around on that **** up heavy S4 case and one back pack full of stuff. I have to meet up minimum 45 min before my gigs to set up the Mac, s4, check sound from the s4, check the other deejay gear that i am hooking me up to.
    And today i played at my friends house with his two CDJ 2000 and one djm900 and some SD card. loved it! I havendt beat mixed like that for ages. All the clubs i play for have CDJ 2000 with a DJM 2000 or 900.

Please tell my i even bother doing this when i just can take my headset and some SD cards and go play. I am a DeeJay not a produser. I dont make music i play music.
    please convince me to keep me playing digital.

My total setup today MACBOOK PRO 15 2010, 2.66GHz i7, 500gB 7200rpm, 8GB RAM + IPAD 2 64GB 3G version + TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2.5 + TRAKTOR AUDIO 10 + NI KS4 + 2 x NI KX1 + PIONEER HDJ-2000
    Two things:

1) CDJ 2K's and a USB stick is still digital.

2) The only reason I can see to stick with bringing your S4 is if there are things you do (not _can_ do, but actually do) in Traktor that you can't with 2K's and USB.

Personally, I like having most of my tunes available all the time - but I'm not married to carrying around my laptop and sound card if I don't need to.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

I'm with ellgieff on this

If there is anything in traktor that you can't live without then continue with Laptop S4 setup

but with SD card and recordbox you can prepare you music and plug in the SD and rock away. It's just so easy you can still use you current setup for when you want to do more. but going in with only a SD card in you pocket and headphones in a small bag got to be dam tempting just remember SD card are small and easy to lose so have a spare or two.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)