Movie Scores or Sountracks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Movie Scores or Sountracks

I just recently watched Drive, who's score was composed by Cliff Martinez and the soundtrack was amazing. So asides from Tron
    What's everyone's favorite musical score or songs from movies?

haha i love this topic. my favorite score is Hans Zimmer in Black Hawk Down. and my favorite collection of songs is by far Scarface, nothing screams dated 80s like that silly soundtrack

Boogie Nights has some gems. Kill Bill (one done by RZA, the othe by David ?????) can't remember. Great "About Her" remix
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai. whole soundtrack is done by RZA and its amazing
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Edward Scissorhands score by Danny Elfman, great for a rainy day drive home from work.

Tech Mentor

Tron, Crysis 2, Modern Warfare 2 & 3, Halo, Star Wars to name a few.

Tech Mentor

Lord of the Rings trilogy. Howard Shore is a f**king brilliant man.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

i'm a big fan of clint mansell's scores.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

the godfather
    lotr
    star wars
    inception
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Oh man, here we go. Ok.

Paul Hertzog's work on scoring Bloodsport... even for all of the pretentious stuff I try to get into, music almost does not get any better than this for me. Stan Bush's "Fight To Survive" is just the cheesiest, most passionate pump-up self-help songs, with those stupid tribal chants that just make you want to flying tiger kick a garbage can. I love Stan Bush songs in 80's action films. The film opens with a piece called "Kumite", which is basically an ARP masturbation piece. So. Fucking. good.

Then there's James Horner scoring the Arnold classic, Commando. There's a lot of very topical steel drum action in it, which we're hearing creep into to newer music today. Here's a protip: It's not referencing island music, it's referencing 80's action. "We Fight For Love" by The Power Station is one of those post-metal boogie tracks that will never be respected by anyone ever. Which is fine, because it's terrible. But I love it so much.

Let's see. Paul Herzog also scored Kickboxer starring Jean-Claude Van Damme. Stan Bush belts out another classic on that one called "Never Surrender". OH MY FUCKING GOD you're fucking up big if you've never shouted the chorus to that track at the top of your lungs with your fists in the air.

Oh, yeah, I'm forgetting Stallone. Rocky. Rocky IV specifically. Vince DiCola scored the only Rocky soundtrack worth a shit. Of course, Bill Conti's "Gonna Fly Now" might be contrived and played out, but if you listen to the original with those ride cymbal bell hits on the up-beat will fill your heart with burning desire to take punches and win. The "training montage" piece is a fucking Odyssey.

I could go on, but basically Stan Bush songs in 80's action movies are massive favorites among movie scores. He is unbeatable on the Transformers Movie soundtrack.

This has been a terrible post, but it's the first time in months something on this board has asked me to reveal my true passions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast