Would a Specialized DJ Laptop be something you want?

Default Would a Specialized DJ Laptop be something you want?

I've been thinking about the current state of DJ laptops recently and was thinking that a laptop specialized for DJs would be a great product. The standard laptop seems to be a Mac Book Pro. these are expensive but reliable. what if companies like native instruments or rane sold laptops with traktor or serato preloaded and everything tuned to optimize using them. The price point would have to make it cheaper than a macbook, but since it could include the dj software might end up being ~$1000

anyway, just thought that would be a cool idea. let me know what you think or if this idea has already been done. also let me know if you would want to work on this project with me!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

This idea has already been discussed and someone was doing it, using incorrectly the term "Traktor certified" with them.

how can i find that thread?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

IMHO a mixer with a PC built in and a firmware style version of traktor/serato etc would be a much better idea if it were done right.

But yeah the DJ laptop has been done before - google "00DJ"... monstrosity of a machine at a ridiculous price which does not even contain a Traktor/Serato certified sound card (for appx $2500)

And there wasn't really anything special about that thread that was mentioned BTW, just a guy selling laptops that he knows work pretty well with Traktor (Dell or HP if memory serves correct) - Search is your friend (kinda...when it works).

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

@padi_04: Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Thread got deleted, already PMd the OP with the link he needs.

Since this subject was already discussed, I'm closing this one.