I cannot decide on a S2 or an S4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default I cannot decide on a S2 or an S4

I just can't decide which one to get. I'm a mobile DJ just starting out (Close to 7 months now). I currently I use a Mixtrack Pro and started with VDJ. Then I started to mess around with Traktor and fell in love with it. Now I think it's time for an upgrade. I plan on getting a Midi Fighter also.

Which should I am for, an S2 or S4?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Do you need more than 2 channels available at all times?

Tech Mentor

I've never dived into using more than 2 channels before

Tech Mentor

And I guess you could say I'm still defining my "style"

Tech Wizard

S4

Was just about to make a thread on this lol, I'm undecided too. Same story also lmao

In my experience (yours may differ), I'd rather have the s4 because it allows for a lot more options. I bought the s4 before the s2 was available, but I'm glad I did because down the line I grew fond of the idea of adding a pair of 1200's to my setup and if I just had the s2 in order to do that I would have had to get an extra NI sound card. I also really like having the dedicated filter knobs, as well as the loop recorder. I haven't really found use for the sample decks yet but I'm sure I'll figure something out in the future. Maybe try getting a secondhand s4?
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Tech Mentor

I'm really picky about buying stuff secondhand. I love opening new boxes and telling myself this is mine lol

If you have the money, or can wait until you do, get the S4. If not, get the S2. The 4 will allow you to grow your style into it with many more options. Both are great, but one is twice as great as the other.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

I think I've decided on what I'm going to do...
    I think I'm going to get the S2, but also get one or two x1s. I feel like this would be a better solution than the S4. Just my two cents though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast