DJ Names Drops?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ Names Drops?

Tech Mentor

Default DJ Names Drops?

Hey guys,

Just wondering what good sites you may recommend checking out for DJ name drops that are made to order?

A lot of guys on hear recommend making your own since it's fairly simple. I've never done it but I figure you should give it a try and see if you like how it sounds before dropping some cash. There was recently a thread on here asking the same question so search it up.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

search the yard sale for DJ drops. He does them good & pretty cheep.
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Tech Mentor

Thanks guys for the replys

@DJKyle @teambama, ill check em out.

Thanks.

@firebrand Yeah I might have a go at it, I have a usb mic, what would you recommend to add effects to the voice, like a vocoder or some software?

just pitch it down, compress it and reverb and delay.

what is the purpose of drops (besides annoying the fuck out of me)? The only promo benefit is on underground pirate radio where you wouldn't have artist info etc.

>

I've heard radiodaddy .com makes some cool name drops. You can get simple ones for free, but for a few more $$$ you can get some better custom drops.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    I've heard radiodaddy .com makes some cool name drops. You can get simple ones for free, but for a few more $$$ you can get some better custom drops.
    I'll second radio daddy, had a few done by them last year, and they were really good! Considering it costs nothing, what have you got to lose?
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Also, become friends with some of the people working at your local radio stations. Usually they have no problem making you some for free plus, if they're well known, it makes you look cool because you know famous people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast