Songs start to jump! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I still have the same error. And then I've done everything you have said. I have also noticed the same error when I press shift + pitch fader. So the error seems to come from the shift button. Have now also tried on another PC, and get the same error ...
    Could it be a problem with the controller?

I have sent an email to djtechtools for some days ago about my problem. Are they very slow to answer the mail?

is the shift button a hardware button? or modifier button in the mapping?

if it's hardware you may need to replace the controller as it may be sending out another signal that is interfering with everything else.

if it's part of the mapping, check that there aren't any conflicts in the mapping.

given the spec of the mac you're using i can't see why there'd be any issue there. unless you have a resource heavy program running in the background?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I press the shift button on the VCI-400 controller. I have no knowledge of MIDI so I do not know how to find out if there are conflicts in the mapping. But the problem usually comes after about an hour or two. And it does not happen every time I press the shift button. When I used Traktor 2.1.3 problems sounded like a scratched CD. When I use Traktor 2.5.1 with flashflooders MIDI mapping, then the problem is even more obvious. The song rewind all the way back to start when I press shift+button or shift+pitchfader...

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Van Dahl View Post
    I press the shift button on the VCI-400 controller. I have no knowledge of MIDI so I do not know how to find out if there are conflicts in the mapping. But the problem usually comes after about an hour or two. And it does not happen every time I press the shift button. When I used Traktor 2.1.3 problems sounded like a scratched CD. When I use Traktor 2.5.1 with flashflooders MIDI mapping, then the problem is even more obvious. The song rewind all the way back to start when I press shift+button or shift+pitchfader...
    this is very weird. when reading this at first i thought you were confused with the Browse Encoder push+move which controls your Favorites while Shift+Browse navigates through Trees and if you did both at the same time it would definitely be confusing.

now i'm reading that it sounds like something very odd is going on since you can get a song to rewind and make weird noise using shift+pitch or shift+button (browse encoder push?). the fact that it is not a consistent repeatable issue makes me think it is hopefully fixable.

are you maybe touching the jog wheels in this case without realizing it? i'm pretty sure in both the djtt and my mapping that i made shift+jog wheels scroll through the entire track quickly. however, i could see this being misinterpreted if done by accident.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

If it constantly jumps back to stare it might have something to do with seek position/direct-0.000 if mapped in... Only a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    this is very weird. when reading this at first i thought you were confused with the Browse Encoder push+move which controls your Favorites while Shift+Browse navigates through Trees and if you did both at the same time it would definitely be confusing.

now i'm reading that it sounds like something very odd is going on since you can get a song to rewind and make weird noise using shift+pitch or shift+button (browse encoder push?). the fact that it is not a consistent repeatable issue makes me think it is hopefully fixable.

are you maybe touching the jog wheels in this case without realizing it? i'm pretty sure in both the djtt and my mapping that i made shift+jog wheels scroll through the entire track quickly. however, i could see this being misinterpreted if done by accident.
    Yes it is the shift + browse encoder. I'm pretty sure I do not touch the jog wheels. But I got a thought now. Maybe jog wheels are set to be too sensitive, so maybe my sweater hit the jog wheels and it is enough to have an impact?

I think I found out the error I'm more convinced that it is my sweater that comes on the jog wheel and trigger the problem. For I have set the jog wheels to be as loose as possible because I have the opportunity to take back spin etc, so it is a small gesture from the sweater enough to trigger the problem. I adjusted the jog wheels to be a little firmer and could not then trigger the same problem anymore

So looks like everything was just a problem that I personally made, but really good to find out.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Van Dahl View Post
    I think I found out the error I'm more convinced that it is my sweater that comes on the jog wheel and trigger the problem. For I have set the jog wheels to be as loose as possible because I have the opportunity to take back spin etc, so it is a small gesture from the sweater enough to trigger the problem. I adjusted the jog wheels to be a little firmer and could not then trigger the same problem anymore

So looks like everything was just a problem that I personally made, but really good to find out.
    Sweater error... lol

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Wow.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast