Songs start to jump! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Sweater error... lol
    I know... pretty embarrassing.... This has become a new "error" to talk about at lunch. "Have you heard about the new sweater error?" hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Van Dahl View Post
    I think I found out the error I'm more convinced that it is my sweater that comes on the jog wheel and trigger the problem. For I have set the jog wheels to be as loose as possible because I have the opportunity to take back spin etc, so it is a small gesture from the sweater enough to trigger the problem. I adjusted the jog wheels to be a little firmer and could not then trigger the same problem anymore

So looks like everything was just a problem that I personally made, but really good to find out.
    good to know. hearing weird issues like this usually makes me a bit anxious because it makes me question if i know everything that's going on in my own mapping (which i usually think i do) and wonder if maybe i didn't test thoroughly enough. happy to hear though that this was just a combination of misunderstanding and "sweater error" haha
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Tonight the error came back. So there is no sweater error, I used a t-shirt today
    But bad humor aside...

I followed very carefully when I pressed shift + browser encoder and saw that I did not hit the jog wheels and the same error came... I have a friend who has the same controller, so I borrowed it as a backup controller tonight. I used his controller and never experienced any error. So there has to be something wrong with my controller and no MIDI errors as previously thought...

So this must surely be a warranty issue?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It seems that can be a midi issue but with controller. Go to controller manager and click "learn", now use browser and check which midi note and CC is it sending. Then compare it to your friends VCI and see if those assignments are maybe different, if so you can be sure your t-shirt got noting to do with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123