My VCI-400 got stolen...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default My VCI-400 got stolen...

After probably the best gig Iv'e ever played at, hope DJTT will have any in stock while I wait for my insurance company's descicion
    VCI-400 EGE / Sennheiser HD-25-1 II / MF3D / iPad 2 running Lemur / Audio 6 DJ

how did it get stolen? from a gig? somebody break into your house?
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

My heart goes out to you man. Honestly.

You guys, everyone, PLEASE be careful and be aware that there are unscrupulous and degenerate SOB's who specifically go to clubs and venues for the sole purpose of walking off with your gear when you turn your head for five seconds.

However, if this does happen, you can at least take solace in the fact that Karma is the law of the universe. What goes around, most assuredly comes around.
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Sorry to hear that, Lilja, but basically what fitly asked....
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzyp View Post
    how did it get stolen? from a gig? somebody break into your house?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Lilja, but basically what fitly asked....
    It happened at my friends country house and the gig itself was held in a 200 y / o barn with crap loads of lights and speakers set up. During the gig, some b*stard toppled his beer bootle over my computer, my vestax and the rental sound mixer, which led to a distorted sound coming from the speakers (and not my vestax thank god!). Luckily it happened far in during the party. Because of that, we shut everything down and locked the barn.

The following morning, we headed back to check if our gear was working again, only to discover that EVERYTHING, (including what remained of our booze that we left in a fridge) except for the speakers, was missing. We asked all the guests, called all local cab drivers with no success other than to come to the conclusion that our gear had been stolen.

So how did they break in? All we know is that some girl at the party (who lived in the area and had access to the barn) posted an instagram pic on her friends playing with our gear and most likely forgot to lock the barn after themseleves when they where done...
    Last edited by Lilja; 06-25-2012 at 06:51 PM.

ouch. I would be devastated. Im always worried about stuff like that when im doing house party gigs. Too many drunk people and not enough security or any at that. I ended up buying a bunch of laptop locks and most of my gear has the locking slot on it including the vci400ege and maschine. Even when I'm playing I have all my stuff chained down to the booth. Just incase some twat comes and grabs something and books it. As soon as im done, everything goes back into its bags and into my locked vehicle then I continue partying on. You did lock the barn though so obviously somebody had the intention to get your gear. Keep an eye out. Im sure somebody will mention that so and so "bought" some sick new gear. Call all the pawn shops within a 100km radius and report what was stolen to them. Post some pics of the gear on facebook and let people know it was stolen from you. Facebook is pretty good for getting the word around about musical instruments being stolen.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

I'd be looking at "some girl" and "her friends". Just sayin'...
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bhajan View Post
    I'd be looking at "some girl" and "her friends". Just sayin'...
    I'd do so as well but unfortunantly they where actually helping us looking for our stuff since they forgot to lock the door after themselves...

Good news however! I'm now borrowing a 17" MBP from my work and my traktor collection is exactly as it was on my old computer, which is great because now I just need to order a new VCI-400, however, I can't bring it to gigs for obvious reasons, so I guess I have to make some rehersals on regular CDJ's whenever I have access to it!
    Last edited by Lilja; 06-26-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    they where actually helping us looking for our stuff since they forgot to lock the door after themselves...
    sorry but in my opinion that means shit all... i mean i obviously dont know the girl, but really how well do you know her?? sorry to hear about it tho.. and at least you have insurance

You are soo dead on with this bro... back in 2002 I had a steady gig downtown spinning fri and sat nights. Saturday nights weren't a problem because it was a house-electro night. But Friday nights was hip-hop and it was a pretty ghetto type crowd. Not that I have anything against any kind or type of people but if you have djed in club venues then you know obviously know different music brings different crowds and unfortunately not every one comes to have a good time and go home. There are people that go out with the sole purpose of causing trouble. Well friday nights being what it was... I had a couple of my cd cases stolen (this was when I was spinning on cdjs now I use 1200s with macbook pro). But it got soo bad that soon enough there were individuals waiting to rob me not just from my cd cases but now these assholes wanted my whole set-up. My boys would be with me most of the time but there was times when I was alone... well either way I ended up having to carry my glock me because it wasn't safe at all. In the long run I ended up just giving the night to some one else the money just wasn't worth ending up in any kind of bad situation. I'm not going to loose my life because of some ones ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhajan View Post
    My heart goes out to you man. Honestly.

You guys, everyone, PLEASE be careful and be aware that there are unscrupulous and degenerate SOB's who specifically go to clubs and venues for the sole purpose of walking off with your gear when you turn your head for five seconds.

However, if this does happen, you can at least take solace in the fact that Karma is the law of the universe. What goes around, most assuredly comes around.
    dj mOs d.m. ---- Jah Bless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast