Anyone here spin deep/older dubstep?

Default Anyone here spin deep/older dubstep?

In my town there is like one well known dubstep DJ, and he spins just straight filth Dr.p/Bar9. Which is great, I love that, but his sets are just jam packed with it and it never takes a break. Recently I got in contact with some promoters and told them how I usually spin all forms of dubstep. I showed them some older stuff, and they were pretty iffy about (obviously they were hearing through laptop speakers or something stupid).

Any have success in starting deeper dubstep nights? or as far as spinning dungeon? even tid bits mixed in with the current stuff. Or tips on how to go about it. I'm sure once it got off the ground and we had a mad heavy system it could work.

yup over here my friend. well i spn both but we have a pretty succesfull going on for some years right now.
    just to name a few artist that where booked: statix, harry craze, subscape, high rankin, ganja white night, bulldogs, wartech, ill bill bachelor, jazzsteppa, dj kutz, oktober, son of kick, thelem, lost etc... luckily we started pretty early with those parties before the filthy stuff became big so we are lucky to say that we have a big fan base and the customers love the acts we are booking
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I don't play out yet, but there is definitely a niche for the deep stuff. I go to a TON of shows, all EDM based, and it's interesting watching the scene and what people play.

I've found that often it's great for some of the earlier sets of the night to really start building things up. A couple nights I've gone to have focused with that, with various DJ's. My buddy was also telling me up in Burlington, VT the one "dubstep" he used to go to, that was pretty much their focus (the deep stuff).

I think it's important to educate people on the variety in whatever genre you are playing. The typical club goer IS going to be more familiar with the "filth" stuff though, so it has to be done properly. I honestly have mixed feelings about the deeper stuff out at the club. I really really love listening to it, but I don't really like dancing to it. And that's something I've discussed with a few friends, and they feel the same way. It's perfect for an earlier set in the night though, when people are still coming in. And you can build up an opening set so well with it if done correctly. And it even works really really well as a closing set as well, bringing down the energy the same way you can build it up.

If that's what you want to play out man, go for it. Ask for a chance, and show them what you've got.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    I think it's important to educate people on the variety in whatever genre you are playing. The typical club goer IS going to be more familiar with the "filth" stuff though, so it has to be done properly. I honestly have mixed feelings about the deeper stuff out at the club. I really really love listening to it, but I don't really like dancing to it. And that's something I've discussed with a few friends, and they feel the same way. It's perfect for an earlier set in the night though, when people are still coming in. And you can build up an opening set so well with it if done correctly. And it even works really really well as a closing set as well, bringing down the energy the same way you can build it up.

If that's what you want to play out man, go for it. Ask for a chance, and show them what you've got.
    I've been to a couple non-filth dubstep nights and it really comes down to the crowd. It's just like any genre. If the crowd is feeling it then it's going to be a great night. If they don't understand it then it could be an awful night for the DJ. Personally I would rather have a regular dubstep night than a brostep night. But that's just me.

You should live in the UK. Or some parties in NL.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

There's a bit of "OG Dubstep" around here as well, I spin it, and though I'm not playing out, there's definitely a scene for it.
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!