Switching to ableton?

Default Switching to ableton?

So traktor is fine for everyday party for me. However i really want to start working on my club sets and adding more effects than traktor.

I had some questions about ableton that i think some of you guys might be able to help answer.

Is there a sampler? or can i easily create one that plays at a press of a button?
    Can i run FL studio though it and use it as a synth. Or even better can i route ableton out though FL studio to add effects in there? (might be a little cpu crazy?)
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

you have the simpler in ableton but i don't know how to work it lol.i use it just for dj'n

How do you not sample while your djing!?!?!?! j/p its something i really want to do live
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

hahaha i feel you thats why i want to move to traktor....but i been trying to find loops to drop during my electronic sets.

but you might want to check out aldj.com thats where i get all my ableton tips

you can easily set a loop or sample to play inside of ableton very easily

But I would say traktor has more than enough efx on board for any club set . Don't forget you can really lose a crowd when you start going too far with the efx . Then if you factor in how much preplanning you have to do with ableton it takes the whole aspect of an unplanned DJ set and almost throws it out the window

I hate traktors effects :\
    You cant layer them at all,
    you cant get access to the functions you want,
    you cant change the way they are wired,
    you are limited to a very small number of very generic effects,

Its not so much that i do not like the sound of the effects its just the other limitations that really kill them for me.

As for FL, dont get me wrong i love it to absolute bits and there are some VERY powerful aspects of that program that blitz all over Ableton - Take the FL studio dashboard, FL studios highly advanced midi implementation, FL's formula controls all of these things make FL studio power house when it comes to Controllerism style techniques. FL's problem is that the way the clips are played live. So loading Ableton into FL studio is not as stupid as it seems, its just if you are prepared to have so many programs open. If you are interested in trying it you need to use Ableton as a rewire client into FL studio

Theres a problem with FL studio though, it cannot receive an external clock, and nor can Traktor. So you would have to change the dj program you are using

Hopefully FL 9 will rock our worlds with better live implementation and the ability to sync to an external clock

bay area, California. København, Danmark.

if your running ableton I recommend using reason for your synths. the routing is really simple and the synths are quite versatile. if your looking for something specific you could also search through the multitude of vst's available.
    as far as sampling is concerned you can abletons native simpler and sampler plug ins but i highly recommend getting a specific controller for it. there are a lot of djs who incorporate live synths and samples throughout there sets ( including myself )
    and its super cool the only thing is it does -alot of the time- take some preplanning