Question Using Traktor Scratch Pro with and without certified mixer

Default Question Using Traktor Scratch Pro with and without certified mixer

Before anyone thinks that I am trying to somehow get around having a certified sound card, I am not. I own a certified mixer (DN-x1700), I just didn't know how to word the title. Anyway, I am thinking of buying the TSP upgrade kit ($119). I know that to use the scratch functionality, I need the mixer (or another certified audio-card). But what about when I travel and am sitting in my hotel room with my X1, K2, and F1 (like I do now)? Will I still be able to use traktor, albeit without any of the scratch functionality? I'd like to know before I buy it. $119 is not too much, but i'd rather not spend it if its not going to be of any use to me.

Oh and yes, I did try the search, but kept coming up with people wanting to run traktor scratch pro without owning a certified soundcard...and that is not what my problem is.

Thanks!
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Yes, the scratch upgrade unlocks timecode features but doesn't affect the software any other way. Without the certified mixer plugged in you'll be able to use traktor as normal.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Sweet. Thanks for the quick reply! I figured as much...it would be weird if they did it differently...but wanted to double check first.

Tech Mentor

Certified soundcards only apply to timecode functionality. Traktor Pro will work with any soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by dj matt blaze View Post
    Certified soundcards only apply to timecode functionality. Traktor Pro will work with any soundcard.
    Thanks for the info.