vci-1000 + macbook pro = headphones?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default vci-1000 + macbook pro = headphones?

hey guys, i just got my vci-100 and i was wondering if there is anyway to get my headphones working without buying any additional soundboxes or anything of that matter. i heard it is possible with usb headphones, but is there any other way? and if usb is the only way can i just buy an adapter?
    thanks
    joey

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

There is a second audio-interface needed. I guess USB-headphones contain one of them.

What I did once was seperating the channels. That means I the left channel of a normal soundcard sending audio to the headphones and the right channel sending to the master but effectively you only have mono this way, which is not acceptable imo.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

^^ How did you do that? Sounds like a decent way to get by until I can afford to buy an interface.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

I connected a 3,5mm jack cable (which has 2 cinch-connectors on the other side) to the notebook.
    On both of the cinch-connectors I plugged an adaptor (cinch to double-cinch) which doubles the channel. On one of them I plugged another adaptor (female double-cinch to jack-connector). I connected these with headphones and amplifier and was done.
    However this is just enough to bridge some time.
    Better get a real audio-interface which includes ASIO-drivers and a bunch of OUTs

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Then select Master Output to Left Channel (if that goes to the Amp) Check the Mono Box. And select Monitor Output to Right Channel (if that goes to Headphones) Check the Mono Box.

I used to do the same thing to separate the channels to an external mixer but using External Mixer mode in Traktor 3 when i didnt have a soundcard.

Just takes some bodging of leads and adapters and 'Y' splitters as we call em.

Good tip HedgeHog.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 05-31-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about how all the cables and adaptors are called in English

While practicing I'm mostly too lazy to attach my external soundcard so I just mix without headphones. Just the delay of my internal soundcard is 20ms, which ist way too much for difficult for complicated cue-juggling.

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    While practicing I'm mostly too lazy to attach my external soundcard so I just mix without headphones. Just the delay of my internal soundcard is 20ms, which ist way too much for difficult for complicated cue-juggling.
    same over here...you can get a better latency with using "asio4all" with your internal soundcard:

www.asio4all.com

got mine set to 1ms...works like butter

okay so there is no real efficient way to do this unless i buy something, which would be what? <--- noobie.

Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    same over here...you can get a better latency with using "asio4all" with your internal soundcard:

www.asio4all.com

got mine set to 1ms...works like butter
    Even when one FX channel is active for each deck?
    Can't take mine below 10ms, but I have a crappy IBM Lenovo T61.

okay so there is no real efficient way to do this unless i buy something, which would be what? <--- noobie.
    You need one jack (the thing you plug into your notebook)-to-cinch cable, 2 Y-adaptors (cinch (the things you put inside an amp) and another adaptor from cinch to jack that you can put in your headphones.
    Can you unplug your headphone cable or is it built-in?

i'm a little confused, if the way your talking about doing it isnt the real way, like i want stereo not mono and mono, what do i have to buy, an external soundcard?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast