Is anybody here using Traktor for making their sets ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is anybody here using Traktor for making their sets ?

Hey everyone ;

I am using mixmeister fusion right now for my sets which ı upload to internet or give to the places but the problem is ı would like to try Traktor's recording and make a live set and relase it.Anyone does it or what programs do you guys you for making sets ?

Thnx
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

For a mix tape to hand to people I think Mix meister is ok. For making a set given to a promoter I think you should be recording a live set. I use either traktor, or just use audacity to record my sets.

I use Audacity just because I don't really use a computer for mixing, so this allows me to use CDJS and record the set easily. If you are using external mixing, or external effects not built into traktor you will want to use Audacity so that sound is captured. Traktor only records what is happening within its own software.

Thanx
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Traktor saves the mix as a WAV so you could use that version, convert it to MP3 and export it.

I tend to do a little bit more post-processing just because I like doing it, PSP VintageWarmer to warm up the digital harshness and Ozone 5 to adjust the level and final EQ. But that's not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    Traktor only records what is happening within its own software.

This is incorrect. Traktor records whatever you route into it as long as you have your settings positioned to do so.

Tech Convert

Traktors quality is pretty legit if your sound is routed thru Traktor. I recorded in Audacity and just recently switched, sound is soooo much clearer and crisp.
    "Channeling the force of sound through tools of music manipulation and rhythm alignment."

2 Techs SL1200 MK2 + Behringer DDM4000 + Traktor Pro 2 + Audio 6 + 2 M-Audio Bx8a

Default ahhh grammer

i currently use traktor with a vestax vci-400 ege, mixing and recording internally using traktor and it has good sound quaility. you can always pull it into another software after that if you prefer to do some final touches and edits.

before that i was using ableton to build sets as opposed to playing them live. it sounded good as well but i didn't prefer ableton for mixing live. for edits, cutting songs up, and building sets though its amazing. ideally i would love to be able to record a set live through traktor and have each song/sample in its own channel in ableton so i could clean up minor mistakes and do easy edits after the fact. i'm pretty sure this can be done but not with my current equipment so i'm not too worried about it.

i have to say i love traktor for live sets and it's been my favorite so far. ableton is amazing for building sets and adding your own bits and pieces easily though. some people also are able to overlook it's downfalls for live djing and can use it to a higher potential than most can with traktor, so it all depends on what you are looking to do and what you are willing to sacrifice.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    ideally i would love to be able to record a set live through traktor and have each song/sample in its own channel in ableton so i could clean up minor mistakes and do easy edits after the fact...

Just in case you wanted to check it out (assuming you haven't seen this, if so, sorry)
    "Channeling the force of sound through tools of music manipulation and rhythm alignment."

2 Techs SL1200 MK2 + Behringer DDM4000 + Traktor Pro 2 + Audio 6 + 2 M-Audio Bx8a

Tech Mentor

If you are using external mixing, or external effects not built into traktor you will want to use Audacity so that sound is captured. Traktor only records what is happening within its own software.
    Yea, this is a 100% incorrect. In Traktor preferences under Mix Recorder you can choose whether to record internally or externally if you have a sound card with inputs and then tell it which input to use, either Decks A-D or the input FX send. Under input routing you then tell the soundcards input which source you are using as stated in the Mix recorder. I have an Audio 6, my mix recorder is set to record the FX input send. The FX input send is looking at the main input of the audio 6 which is coming from the B output from my mixer. I also DJ an internet show and have the braodcast programs encoder looking at the main input as well so I have seperate level controls. A side goes to my amp to my speakers, B side goes to the mix recorder and to the broadcast programs encoder.

derp derp I can't read.... nevermind.
    Last edited by sobi; 06-27-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: dummy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast