UNC's open source project

Default UNC's open source project

"Apple Juice and I put in our bid on one of the biggest stages for innovation and sustainability in the world. How do you create change in your community? By empowering artists, and encouraging innovation. We believe that making beats can empower youth, build relationships, broadcast important stories, and heal communities. What better way to nurture innovation than to rally the open source community, to provide folks with the tools they need to improvise and inspire. It's not just a good idea - it's an obligation. "

http://opensource.com/life/12/6/open...0000000IDmjAAG

They are looking for coders and what not if any one wants to try to be a part of this project. With the university backing I think this project has a shot of becoming great and being sustained.

peace,
    r.dale

Tech Guru

No offense but I don't think this is the right way to go about getting coders to help. First you need to start writing the code and after people see something that is worthy of their time they start to chip in. It's very difficult to get talent to help out this early in the stage without proper planning.

I am speaking from experience here as I started one of the largest open source security platforms.

Not meaning to discourage you at all - just saying you need to start writing code then solicit feedback and help.

I was just passing on the word, in case any one is interested. I'm not a part of the project, just thought it was interesting.

Tech Guru

Ahh okay - then ignore me