Thoughts on Mashup software????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Thoughts on Mashup software????

I just saw this and I wanted to vomit. Just thought I would see how you guys felt......

Link if you don't know what I'm talking about: http://mashup.mixedinkey.com/
    Last edited by DJH2; 06-26-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: improper grammar :)
    "Channeling the force of sound through tools of music manipulation and rhythm alignment."

2 Techs SL1200 MK2 + Behringer DDM4000 + Traktor Pro 2 + Audio 6 + 2 M-Audio Bx8a

Not that new but will definitely lead to even more noobs uploading shitty tracks imo.

Tech Convert

That's what I'm afraid of Death of the DJ is slowly creeping up.
    "Channeling the force of sound through tools of music manipulation and rhythm alignment."

2 Techs SL1200 MK2 + Behringer DDM4000 + Traktor Pro 2 + Audio 6 + 2 M-Audio Bx8a

Quote Originally Posted by DJH2 View Post
    That's what I'm afraid of Death of the DJ is slowly creeping up.
    Come on Death of the DJ. There have been programs around for making music a long time. e-jay? just add some loops and they play perfectly in tune. and other loop based peograms, was it the end of of the Producers or Bands? na. It was/is toys that people could play around with.
    Haven't you heard some shity Mashups before MIK released mashup? sure there will be lots of shit uploaded but there always has been.
    The realy good mashups you'll find on the net most sertanly will be produced in other Programs anyway.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Seen it when I started using MIK but I think I'll stick to Ableton...

pointless software imo. If you think youre a DJ and can't blend two songs in the same key together LIVE, then youre not a DJ in my book.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    pointless software imo. If you think youre a DJ and can't blend two songs in the same key together LIVE, then youre not a DJ in my book.
    That was my point with all this really. I just seems to me that there are more programs being released to do what a DJ is supposed to do. Production is another game all together. I just don't understand why, i guess. It just doesn't seem fun, challenging, or creative.....all things that I get from DJing.

Tech Student

Default Reason software mash up remix

I just finished a mash up with Reason software. However, it took 12 hours when I could of done it on the tables in 5 minutes, but it is a remixed mashup not just a spun one. Check it out at :

there is already a review in the blog: http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/02/1...-staff-review/
    and i also think we´ve dicussed this topic back in february.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast