Virtual DJ 6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtual DJ 6

Default Virtual DJ 6

Just wanted to share with everyone this great news...

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/vi.../version6.html

MIDI & HID support

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

VDJscript definately sounds hawt.
    It's probably what Traktor lacks *just 8 modifiers *cough**

When is it going to be released?

EDIT: eww..already out but no trial (yet)
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    It's probably what Traktor lacks *just 8 modifiers *cough**
    Wait wait wait... only 8 modifiers is what traktor is lacking? You do realize that 8 modifiers, with double conditions logic and 8 conditions of each modifier, you can have more mappings with one button than most .tsi's have total? I don't understand why ONLY 8 modifiers is a bad thing. Me thinks you should use them more wisely if only having 8 is what makes you dislike Traktor.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

+1 Phaidon. for most people thats more than enough mate . I would use 3 at the max, don't like one button doing more than two things it just gets confusing imo. MORE KNOBS PLEASE!
    Last edited by Jester; 05-31-2009 at 09:42 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

yeah, seriously, when you do the math it gets astronomical

1 button works on two different conditionals. So, theoretically, a button can have
    Every button can have more than 3000 different commands, depending on how in depth with modifiers you get
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

The more i need functions the more i am learning how to set these buttons etc up the way i like them. My friend is "inheriting" my old controller soon, i joked to him he has to pay more for all the hours i spent mapping the bloody thing haha
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

hehe yeah... I picked up modifiers quick, and really quickly realized that the preset and variable changes in Bomes make EVERYTHING better
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

As much as I loved VDJ this new version still sucks. Its missing the option for 4 decks. Super limited effects and the beatmatching engine is very weak, you cant modify the beatgrid at all. Cue jumping in VDJ isnt nearly as awesome as it is in TPro 3vs8 CP's? The scripting language looks brutally painfully in VDJ. In TPro its all drop down menus, and like Advct said you can use bomes to even further enhance it. I love the look of VDJ, but I need more functionality from it to make it worth my time.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Never actually had much of a fiddle with it so thanks for the heads up animus... Still quite a popular prog tho. So only has 2 decks, limited midi and very few cue points? Man i need at least 4 for most tracks. Enough features for many i expect.
    Last edited by Jester; 06-01-2009 at 04:18 AM.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJPhaidon View Post
    Wait wait wait... only 8 modifiers is what traktor is lacking? You do realize that 8 modifiers, with double conditions logic and 8 conditions of each modifier, you can have more mappings with one button than most .tsi's have total? I don't understand why ONLY 8 modifiers is a bad thing. Me thinks you should use them more wisely if only having 8 is what makes you dislike Traktor.
    You may be right if you do your layout from scratch, but I just picked up ean's where all 8 modifiers are already in use.
    Now you say I can still use the different states of them, but I have to fully understand beforehand which modifier does what in Ean's mapping.
    If there were more modifiers there would be no need to care about that.

If you use more than one controller you easily reach the limit too.

Sorry for turning OT
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast