Kindle Fire... Are there any djing possibilities with it? Input please...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kindle Fire... Are there any djing possibilities with it? Input please...

I am in the market for a tablet I'm not trying to spend too much money at the moment. My budget is $300 maximum right now. I have taken an interest on the Kindle Fire, I see there's a good amount of apps that can be downloaded into it and for $200 seems like a pretty good deal. My question to the dj community here is: Have any of you had the same idea as me and have gone and bought the Kindle Fire to incorporate into their gear? If so how have you been able to use it and what apps have you found that work great with it? Or are there any other tablets any body can suggest that will work with what I am trying to do here.

Just so I'm clear I am not trying to use this as a main piece of gear just something I can set-up quickly and use on the go. For example my mini on the go set-up I have in mind is the iMaschine (which I already have and love) the iRig Mix mobile mixer, pair of headphones (of course), and some form of recording device (that is if I don't end up using the internal recording option on iMaschine).

Thank you for taking time and reading and/or replying to my post.

dj mOs d.m. --- Jah Bless

I've heard the Android Tablets aren't really that useful when it comes to using it in a DJ/Live environment. I could be wrong, but my understanding was at this stage there was a shortage of useful apps compared to iOS devices.

Thanks for your input shr3dder... I'm not really aiming at live performance with it... I guess its more of a quick easy on the go type of use I'm looking for kinda like the iMaschine. You know like I'm visiting family in a different city and then boom idea kicks inn, and I can just pull out my on the go gear and start a project or lay a foundation down so I don't forget/loose it while I get back home to fully develop it.

I would like to stay away from the Ipad type money spending but I guess in the long run if you end up being right I might just have to put it on hold for a bit while I save up to get an Ipad.
    dj mOs d.m. ---- Jah Bless

Quote Originally Posted by dj mOs d.m. View Post
    Thanks for your input shr3dder... I'm not really aiming at live performance with it... I guess its more of a quick easy on the go type of use I'm looking for kinda like the iMaschine. You know like I'm visiting family in a different city and then boom idea kicks inn, and I can just pull out my on the go gear and start a project or lay a foundation down so I don't forget/loose it while I get back home to fully develop it.

I would like to stay away from the Ipad type money spending but I guess in the long run if you end up being right I might just have to put it on hold for a bit while I save up to get an Ipad.
    Yeah that was kinda my point, from what I've seen there just isn't the quantity or quality of applications to make shit like that feasible compared to iPads. You can pick up a second hand iPad 2 cheap these days, that would do everything you want better then any Android tablet.

i think the difference is midi built into the api, in which iOS is still way ahead.

Tech Mentor

Just FYI, its very possible to use the KF for DJing. It takes some time to configure, but the end result is a very inexpensive controller, a little more knowledge on programming and mapping and the convenience of an Android tablet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1435105
    Last edited by Janky; 06-27-2012 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Forgot the link

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    Yeah that was kinda my point, from what I've seen there just isn't the quantity or quality of applications to make shit like that feasible compared to iPads. You can pick up a second hand iPad 2 cheap these days, that would do everything you want better then any Android tablet.
    I see what your saying bro and your pretty much right.... I just gave up on this search just because everything I look at and come across just doesn't seem to be what I need or seem like it would work as good as an Ipad would.

Quote Originally Posted by Janky View Post
    Just FYI, its very possible to use the KF for DJing. It takes some time to configure, but the end result is a very inexpensive controller, a little more knowledge on programming and mapping and the convenience of an Android tablet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1435105
    nice thanks dude you've shed some light on this... I was about to say fuck it. I'm glad to see that with a little bit of work and effort it can be done and I'm deff up for the challenge so I'll keep looking into this and hope to have something running pretty soon... thanks a lot..

Tech Mentor

I went for the Samsung Galaxy tablet instead of a Kindle Fire. I don't have intent to use it musically but comparing the two you get more and full version of Android instead of Kindle version. Most music stuff is on iOS but some are programming their own on Android.

Tech Wizard

Yep, was gonna say maybe try to pick up a second-hand ipad 2. Also Google is reportedly going to release a $200 Tablet this week to rival the kindle fire and it is said to come with Jelly Bean (latest OS). Might want to reconsider that Galaxy tablet with that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast