Traktor Pro 2.X Stability (issues)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro 2.X Stability (issues)

First of all, I didn't know where to post this thread so hopefully this is the right place.

As far as my concerns go, and probably for lots of you guys, the stability of Traktor seems to be a bit of a letdown since version 2.X. Therefore I was wondering what is the most stable version till date? Especially since I’m addicted to keylock 2.5 seems to be the wrong choice.

For a list of bugs, see: http://www.traktorbible.com/bugradar...#currentbugsen

Tech Wizard

FYI: I'm currently using Traktor 2.5 on my MBP 13" late 2011 using DVS with the Audio 8 and Kontrol X1.

I can't see me ever using 2.5 it's just no geared up for the way I dj. I've found 2.3 to be stable on my Blackbook.
    http://mixcloud.com/audioaerosol
    Black MacBook 2.4ghz 750gb HD, 8gb RAM
    XDJ Aero & Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

Yeah it doesn't rely suit my style either, though it was mentioned that some issues were fixed. I'm heavily pondering about trading it in for the brand 'thy shall not mention'.

edit: You are referring to 'Traktor 2.1.3 Mac OS X' I guess?
    Last edited by D-Vine; 06-27-2012 at 06:02 AM.

I was using 2.5 on my Alienware M11X R2....until it glitched out and shot all my MidiFighter 3D, Traktor Kontrol X1, and DDM400 Mappings straight to the shitter...

So im downgrading to 2.3 and i have to redo everything

Tech Wizard

Also 2.1.3 i guess? I haven't ever heard of 2.3

Tech Mentor

TSP 2.0.3 Win XP AMD 4200+ 2G Mackie D4 Pro

Not tried 2.1.3 but 2.1.1, 2.1.2 and 2.5 weren't good for me.

Honestly gotta say i havent suffered any problems on 2.5 when i had it up and running on my old laptop hdds... havent even installed traktor yet on the rebuilt system, and ive taken sufficient time off to rebuild my library and deal with any Traktor mishaps before taking on more gigs.

Last night Traktor 2.5 had problems keeping tracks in sync, now and then. I was really perplexed. Until I figured out the reason. I have BackBlaze running as a backup system in my studio computer and now and then it was pushing up rather big files so the I/O traffic between the backups and the streaming caused Traktor hiccups, especially when Traktor also writes WAV content out as part of the recording. This didn't happen in 2.1 so I suspect 2.5's audio file streaming is not as optimized. Or then more stuff is happening inside the engine causing issues with systems that have lots of things going on.

Anyway, Backblaze is now off for me while I do mixes.

PS: These are 3.5" serial ATA disks so they are pretty snappy in general.

The only problems I've had (that were not user error) are traktor crashing when using the F1...... The whole reason for the fucking update!
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast