You just don't see this anymore
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You just don't see this anymore

I wanted to post this vid not just because its DJ Dummy goin the f' off, but he looks like he's having so much fun doing it. I've noticed alot of videos i see lately of people so straight faced and serious it almost takes all the fun out of watching their routines. We do this because it is fun and we enjoy it, not to get so technical or difficult that it isn't any fun anymore. Always make sure you're having fun doing what you do. Sorry guys /rant

If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Tech Mentor

The 1:45ish mark was just annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    I wanted to post this vid not just because its DJ Dummy goin the f' off, but he looks like he's having so much fun doing it. I've noticed alot of videos i see lately of people so straight faced and serious it almost takes all the fun out of watching their routines.
    I think it's because some people really need to concentrate.

I didnt say it was a perfect routine or the whole things sounds amazing, I was just commenting on his attitude toward his craft. You can concentrate and look like you enjoy it at the same time, if not then why would anyone wanna watch you perform? To look like a robot? Either way it was just a random rant.

I didnt say it was a perfect routine or the whole things sounds amazing, I was just commenting on his attitude toward his craft. You can concentrate and look like you enjoy it at the same time, if not then why would anyone wanna watch you perform? To look like a robot? Either way it was just a random rant.
    You're assuming that everyone has the same level of coordination. For some people it may be harder than others. I used to sing and play guitar, but I could never do them at the same time, because it required a level of coordination that I simply didn't possess...So expecting me to smile at the same time would have been a lot to ask for.

+1

I'd always rather see a DJ having some fun with a few mistakes than a emotionless DJ with perfect technique.

dummy is so sick. i used to listen to his "breakfast show" quite a bit. not sure if its still going on, but definitely check it out sometime if its still on.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

@tokenasianguy Yeah, but joy and happiness are human reactions in which the human mind doesn't need your help to process, i was just saying looking happy doesn't take away from your cutting skills or technique but the people who watch you are going to feed off of your emotions either way. Just a thought.

Jumping around in excitement, fist-pumping and raising your arms in the air epicly does nothing to help your performance and skills. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do them - just only when you naturally feel the need to. I frequently raise my arms during intense breakdowns but anytime I am mixing between two tunes, I literally move only my hands and concentrate fully on the sound. Its just personal preference and need.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII
    Denon X1600 Professional Mixer
    Windows 7 64 Bit, Intel i7 Processor, 6 GB RAM

Its all about LBL. His live performance is epic.

Last edited by hola amigos; 06-29-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast