Connecting Trakotr to Xone DB4 Via usb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Connecting Trakotr to Xone DB4 Via usb

Hi All,

I'm playing in a club that has the Xone DB4 mixer, i use Traktor pro and 2 X1 controllers, I've downloaded the latest DB4 driver for my macbook pro, what i'm wondering is how to connect - Can i simply plug a USB from my macbook pro to the DB4, then select the outputs of the DB4 in Traktors preferences? Or do i need to use my N.I Audio 10 interface? I read that the DB4 isn't tractor certified and that you have to use an interface?

Thanks for any help and advice,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomflynn View Post
    Hi All,

I'm playing in a club that has the Xone DB4 mixer, i use Traktor pro and 2 X1 controllers, I've downloaded the latest DB4 driver for my macbook pro, what i'm wondering is how to connect - Can i simply plug a USB from my macbook pro to the DB4, then select the outputs of the DB4 in Traktors preferences?
    Yes, that's exactly how it works. Just bring a usb cable, plug in, select db4 in traktor and set the outs. You don't need to use an Audio 10 unless you want to use timecode control- traktor certified is only for scratch control it still works great as a normal soundcard for traktor.

Also what club has a DB4 installed? That's awesome.

Ah ok, thanks Xonetacular, My Traktor is Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.2 - i don't use timecode, just 2 X1's to control tractor - will this still be ok?

Thanks,

Its the Egg club in London.

Yeah that's fine- the DB4 soundcard will work perfectly.

There are little toggle switches on each channel and you just have to switch them over to USB on the db4 to get them to route from the soundcard (then you can use the input matrix to assign the soundcard to whatever channel strips on the db4 you want). It's a great mixer- might want to try to get familiar with it beforehand if you can.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 06-28-2012 at 06:02 PM.

yes i've got a soundcheck before hand so i'll test it out. That's great news about being able to just use USB and not needing the audio 10. So much easier.

So what you're saying is you need an audio interface if you're using timecode Cd's/Vinyl ?

Quote Originally Posted by tomflynn View Post
    So what you're saying is you need an audio interface if you're using timecode Cd's/Vinyl ?
    Correct.

related reading- the huge db4 thread on here: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=38850

manual here: http://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Produc...eDB4&SubCatId=

Yeah I'm really lookin forward to it tonight. Always good to sound check and test it too.

I was thinking about all this, what exactly does 'Traktor Certified' mean then?

Tech Guru

You can play scratch control vinyl on 1200s or CDJs without a NI Soundcard

Oh ok, thanks Ekwipt, that explains why It's ok to use TSP2 with the xone DB4 just using X1's as the controllers.
    Yay for no Audio 10!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast