Technics 1200mk2 skipping and tonearm not correct..even after tonearm replacement

Default Technics 1200mk2 skipping and tonearm not correct..even after tonearm replacement

I have a Technics 1200mk2 that didn't "play baseball". By this I mean that when the weight is all the way back, the tonearm does not move on its own when antiskate is adjusted. It never caused a problem for me in about 3 years, but then it started to act funny. In Serato it would stop, then slowly turn backwards, then forwards, then freak out, then randomly start smooth again. So I replaced the tonearm.

Didn't do a thing.

Now what? What could be causing this issue if the tonearm was replaced?

You probably didn't set the anti-skate spring correctly so it pushes against the metal rod on the tonearm inside the housing. Either it was never set correctly by someone else or the spring might just be missing completely if someone else didn't do it right and left it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    You probably didn't set the anti-skate spring correctly so it pushes against the metal rod on the tonearm inside the housing. Either it was never set correctly by someone else or the spring might just be missing completely if someone else didn't do it right and left it out.

This ^^^^ Did you do the replacement yourself or have someone else do it?