What 's your take on unreleased music ?

Default What 's your take on unreleased music ?

I really like digging for new tracks on youtube, it's great if you find some nice channels and there 's always something good in the related videos section.

But quite often I stumble on pure fucking genius only to find out moments later it's one of those tunes that will never see a release.

I'd love a version of that song for my sets or just even to enjoy in the comfort of my own home.

I am absolutely gutted by this.

I mean there are prodigy-tier artists out there such as Skream that have produced over a 1000 tracks, some dare even say 1500, but the better part of those tracks never get released, they just float around the internet as a 2 minute long 128 kbps version of what could have been.

Sad indeed.

What's your take on this ?

....... so what are you asking exactly?

I just wrote down my thoughts and was curious about everyone else 's opinion, because surely everyone on this forum has encountered this.

So yea, this is a discussion forum, so discuss.

some artists, subscribers/fans > money, the way it should be, if your desperate for the track you can try searching em on soundcloud/internetz or send em a message on youtube. Id love for people to ask me for versions of my remixes over the official ones.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

If it is good, it is good.

Tech Mentor

Okay, I see your point in saying that unreleased music is great and could even be greater if the artist had decided to officially release it. But think about it, what would an artist such as say lil wayne gain from leaking these types of works onto the open internet? He would have people who like the music hoarding to his next album release. They would be searching his name on iTunes rummaging through all the music he has for sale, in an attempt to find one song. And in the process probably finding more music by him that they like and buying it. So in a sense leaking music as such is just an easy way for an artist to indirectly promote his own music. Its free to the artist because they don't actually pay anything for advertisement and the consumer is happy that they found something they liked as well.

That's my take on unreleased music for ya.

The only drawback I see with unreleased music is that it will suffer amongst all the rest of unreleased stuff where 99% is badly mastered and engineered. Not that sometimes released music is also badly mastered and engineered. So trust your ears.