Xone k2 as sound card?
    Tech Wizard

Default Xone k2 as sound card?

I'm having trouble using my K2 to playback itunes, youtube etc..

It seems that when I select it as my soundcard it only goes out channels 1 & 2 which are the headphone outputs.

Is there a way to switch this around?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't think so. Maybe someone else knows a way?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I don't think so. Maybe someone else knows a way?
    Actually I found a way to do it (on mac)

just go to audio/midi setup. under the audio window you can switch the speaker outputs.

voila

Tech Guru

If it's windows then you should be able to go into the control panel then into sound and select which outputs you want to use to hear anything played thru windows.

Tech Wizard

that being said is it unfair to wish A&H would provide this option within its non-existent software.

Tech Convert

Sorry for draggin up such an old thread, but did anyone find the option to do this in windows? I can't see anything in the sound section under control panel to allow me to select a different output to the headphone jack.

Any help would be amazing. Thank you all

Try asio4all?
    SC | MC

Tech Convert

How do you get windows to use Asio4all?

The annoying thing is, is that Windows knows there's 4 chanels because if I go into speaker config I have the option of setting up as a 3.1 system, and if I play the test sounds, it treats channel 3 as a centre speaker, and channel 4 as a sub.

I don't think Windows will let you select the other channels.
    You would have to start asio4all each time.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by phloston View Post
    on mac: just go to audio/midi setup. under the audio window you can switch the speaker outputs.
    Sorry for digging up this old thread, but having the exact same questions. xone k2, macOS 10.14.6 and unable to find the channel selection. speaker setup does not have a channel selection or at least I am unable to find it. can someone point me in the right direction?

The Xone K2 manual page 6 has a low resolution screenshot of the Audio Device Setup on macOS on page six (old macOS version) and it looks as if the only output configuration possible is the format 44,1kHz / 48kHz. The speaker configuration does not allow switching channels.

The manual has one potential solution to this problem on page 24 by using an external mixer and just sending cannel 1+2 | channel 3+4 into separate channels on the external mixer thus the need to switch the default 3+4 from headphone output to 1+2 for macOS general audio output resolved. not really an answer to the original question but at least some sort of workaround.

K2 manual is here: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Xo...G_AP8509_2.pdf

k2 speaker configuration.jpg
    k2 device.jpg

UPDATE: Allen & Heath confirmed this is not solvable as is. This problem exists likely as when K2 was developed, also using it for system audio out was not considered a use-case. So to fix this, a firmware update is required. I suggest reaching out to Allen & Heath Support to let them know this is a problem with their current firmware: https://www.allen-heath.com/support/
    Last edited by creaturenooblesse; 12-18-2019 at 06:33 AM. Reason: added update