mac external hdd help

Default mac external hdd help

hi guys, I've just bought a macbook, and the issue I've run into is all of my music is now shred on a 2tb external which is obviously formatted for windows, i want to create a 1tb partition with mac format and transfer my music over, however when i go to utility to do this is says that it will delete the whole drive, I'm new to the mac world so go easy on me, i really haven't got a clue what I'm doing here

i'm using 'fuse' on my mac with the ntfs-3g support. it reads+writes my two 1tb external drives fine, tho maybe a bit slower than when i connect them to my linux laptop and maybe even windows. if i was playing out with an external drive then i guess i'd want it in native mac format just to be sure, but i don't have any issues leaving them in windows format atm. i haven't had to mess with the disk utility in osx yet really so can't be any help there.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

This does the trick for me: Paragorn NTFS