Organizing Music Out Of Itunes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I think the burden is on you to show why iTunes is so retarded. Like for example, where are smart albums in Traktor? I could do a smart album with all 100 latest house tracks I've included to the collection, or 500 acid tracks from 1997-2001 and similar interesting specific smart albums.

TSpotter, sure if I like writing code -- I'm a programmer so it helps but for mere mortals understanding for loops and XQuery... Oh, you need to install Java runtime for MacOSX with its ugly security issues that Oracle is late fixing. OK, this is retarded indeed :-).

O, iTunes how dost thou suck?
    Let me count the ways.

Why do you try to install safari and quicktime every time I update you.
    WTF is itunes helper.You need a helper? even if youre not running?
    Heard of FLAC?
    I have a large collection, I will tell you if I want you to organize it for me.
    I have told you so many times.I know I have inserted a CD and NO I do not want to copy the cd to my Itunes library
    Please let me put my library on a network drive.
    Why you hog all my resources?

Probably some other stuff too but thats a start.
    I agree Tspotter is pretty complex and a Xonetacular guide would be a blessing.
    But I have always found the dev to be super helpful, he has even knocked out some XQuerys for me.
    I am running trainspotter smart playlists that are from playlists inside playlists inside playlists. Playception

Thing is I use Traktor as my player. Trainspotter as my manager.
    I dont want a piece of software, based on 11year old code that is a player, manager, store front, sync to my device, all in one wonder(allegedly).
    Edit: spelling
    Last edited by djrosco; 07-02-2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12