Native Instruments iMaschine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Native Instruments iMaschine

Just downloaded this yesterday and it's worth the $5. Great sounds and killer interface.

It's a 4 track drum machine, synth, microphone scratchpad.
    You can even RECORD your own samples through the mic (Booyaka !)

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...cer/imaschine/

I like it too, there is a thread on here about it from around the time it was released with other users productions.

thanks. really haven't heard too much buzz. sorry I am late to the party.

I don't know I couldn't really get much use out of it- plus it is only an iphone version so you have to zoom on an ipad and it looks like crap. I was disappointed and seemed like a rush job to get an ios app out just for the sake of it and they didn't make it anywhere near as functional as a full fledged imaschine app could have been. If it had a step sequencer it would be a little cooler- compared to some of the amazing and mature ios music apps out there I don't think it is really worth looking at.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 06-30-2012 at 07:55 PM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I gave it a shot a while back with one thing in mind: it's a sketchpad. It does a decent job at it. I agree it would be a big plus the inclusion of a step sequencer tho.

I just downloaded it and have been playing with it...
    To be honest, it could have been much better. It's not exactly "awful" but it's quite laggy and unresponsive at times. I believe that as Xonetacular said, it was rushed.

But Jamie Lidell's demo was pretty cool.

Ok, so I am the only one digging it then. On face value its pretty limited but I have been playing with it for several months and have found that I have been able to create some interesting just. At the moment I am using it to build loops that will either go straight into Traktor for use with the F1 or into Maschine for building out complete tracks.

Its in no way intended for making full tracks for for $6 it's well worth a punt.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

It's an awesome little toy to play with while traveling/waiting. As a tool for actual beatmaking\sketching to export into hardware for further work, I haven't got a Maschine yet so I wouldn't know..
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

I use it at work (instead of actually doing my work) then go home and export it to Maschine if it sounds any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_08 View Post
    I use it at work (instead of actually doing my work) then go home and export it to Maschine if it sounds any good.
    I've occasionally worked out some polyrhythms and such and exported the project. I usually replace the samples with my own or some from the (desktop) Maschine sets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast