Vci-300 or Vci-100????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vci-300 or Vci-100????

I bought my Vci-300 almost 3 months ago and still haven't gotten it to work with my Mac. Yes, my Mac meets all the specs and I took it to a local Guitar Center and 1 out of 2 units worked with my Mac. I keep getting "hardware disconnected" message. Yes, I tried both usb ports, reloaded itch several times, again 1 out of 2 units worked at guitar center. Unfortunatetly I bought my unit on Ebay to save about $100 and I can send it back to Vestax but, they'll either check it out and it will work for them or send me another with a 50/50 chance of working. Others have reported of having the same issue. I'm starting to wonder about the consistancy of the quality of these units.
    If I'm offered the opportunity should I trade my 300 for a 100? Now with the 300 having a new controller to compliment it should I really keep trying with it? I am new to digital controllers and wanted something simple, what do ya'll think?
    Thanks

Tech Mentor

http://serato.com/forum/discussion/99631

At 6:26 PM 25 May 2009
    fotifo wrote

oki today i made an update for my mac os
    now itch does not recognize my vci at all
    says "Failed to Connect audio"
    i tryed several USB CABLES same thing
    it kind of loads and than drops out right away
    no metter what i tryed reseting, restarting still same thing
    Vci does not work at all now ((((
    please help

At 9:51 PM 25 May 2009
    Michael R wrote

Hey fotifo,

Which version of Mac OS X did you upgrade to? Which version of ITCH are you using?

Serato, Support

At 11:30 PM 25 May 2009
    kraal wrote

Hey with the new version of OS x 10.5.7 you need to turn the vci-300 on FIRST then load up itch

At 3:10 AM 26 May 2009
    fotifo wrote

holly snifFet
    KRAAL u are my saver i would not have know if not you, thank you so much
    i tryed what you sayd and it works
    thank you thNK YOU THAN YOU
    i was almost about to bring it to the store today

At 3:12 AM 26 May 2009
    kraal wrote

no prob i needed to figure that one out too once i updated

At 5:25 AM 26 May 2009
    Michael R wrote

Hey guys,

Yes this bug with 10.5.7 has been confirmed by us. We've fixed it and it will be included in the next public beta of ITCH 1.1.
    Serato, Support

Tech Mentor

Maybe its the same type of problem

When they say load Itch, I'm wondering if they mean download it? I haven't tried that and will.. I did try connecting it then turning on Itch and that didn't do it. It still doesn't explain why some 300's will work and some don't. But, I will try that though.
    Thanks

Tech Mentor

by load itch they mean starting it, like load up the program / start the program

That's what I figured.. Already tried that.. I keep hearing about different problems that are coming up with the 300. What about the 100? Is it as user friendly for beginners? Is the quality, perhaps better?
    Thanks

Tech Mentor

No idea i dont have a 100, maybe someone who got both or tried both can fill you in on that

Default vci-100 Vs. vci-300???

I've had no luck so far getting my 300 to work with my Mac Powerbook. I'm about to give up on it for real..
    I'm curious about the 100, do any of you recommend it over the 300 and if so, why? I'm seeing reports of many people have problems with the 300. I'm wondering if the 100 may be more of a stable product with all the bugs worked out. Besides quality, with all the available add ons which one will provide user friendliness and which will be allow for more advanced features?
    Thanx Beetz

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I understand the frustration, but you already have a thread not far below asking this same thing. I'm going to merge these threads to keep it a little more organized.

And, in answer to your question, my VCI is very stable and user friendly. Just keep in mind that it can't be used with Itch.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DjBeetz View Post
    I've had no luck so far getting my 300 to work with my Mac Powerbook. I'm about to give up on it for real..
    First things first - is the VCI-300 even working with your mac?

With the VCI-300 turned on, open Audio & MIDI Setup to see if the VCI-300 shows up. Also, in system preferences > sound, does the VCI-300 show up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast