How do YOU navigate through Beatport?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default How do YOU navigate through Beatport?

This may be a good blog post too...

With so many records and labels on Beatport - How do you dig to find your gems through the various genres? Are the charts your main way? Do you sort though the latest releases? Only through the Top 100? Which way do you find efficient and productive?

sometimes i dig through the new releases but most of the times i hear a track by an artist, go straight to his page and listen to all his tracks. eventually i then go to artist that made remixes of his track etc..

I posted a thread on here a while ago, might be of some use to you!

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=51774

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

1. Go to Juno and search there (because they properly categorized).
    2. Go to beatport and search

I just alternate between clicking and previewing until my preview list and web history is a kafikaesque Hell of Massive presets and 303 samples. Then I buy everything that doesnt depress me and then go contemplate suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by DebraC1b View Post
    hello
    goodbye.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I firstly look at the top ten, curse quite a bit about how the hell these screechy representations of the music I love are even popular.
    Then go to Juno, rack up everything from the past week I recognize from the labels I follow, listen. Store in cart. Listen a day later. Buy the remainder from the cheapest outlet. Then end up playing a handful of those because they sound different when not played in 96k over my headphones.

I rarely use beatport these days, unless its for an exclusive. How the hell they justify £1.75 for a single god-damned MP3 I'll never know.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Big thing for me is taking a quick look at the top 100 of any given chart. I've actually been kind of frustrated with Beatport lately though, and have in the past, for their lack of correct genre qualifications for certain styles of music I'm into.

Moombah and the Harder forms of music really. It's just a mess on beatport trying to find anything with those.

One thing I've honestly been doing a lot of lately though? Checking out the DJ Charts of various people. I know it sounds silly, and I have to wade through a LOT of crap, but once and awhile there is a track up there that I've not heard, that is an absolute blast.

Also checking the new releases. Because sometimes there is a track in there that is pretty funky, that might get lost in the shuffle pretty quickly.

And well, I spend a lot of time digging around soundcloud, and sometimes I'm brought to an artist I wasn't familiar with, and then check them out on Beatport.

Digging isn't simple.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Hear it on a blog, search it on juno/bp, buy whichever is cheapest
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Guru

Go to Beatport.com, get frustrated with lack of clear direction to latest Deep House releases that aren't pushed in your face or aren't Deep House in the first place, go to Traxsource or Juno, find new tunes, buy new tunes = happy bunny.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast