Traktor Pro 2 load meters spikes all of a sudden?

Default Traktor Pro 2 load meters spikes all of a sudden?

After using TP2 pretty much since it came out, I was using it at a gig last night, with the same latency settings I've always been using it with, and all of a sudden the load meter was going through the roof (in the reds), with massive distortion, and audio drop outs, stalls, etc.

Keep in mind I had both decks playing and I was using the custom DJTT S2 mapping jog wheel effects on one side but I've done this so many times before and never had an issue. Even after I stopped it playing one side, the load meter was still in the reds. Even after I changed the latency settings to be 18+ms (compared to 12.1 previously), it was no problem. I don't do a lot of cue point juggling and never scratch, so having the latency at 18 is ok, but I'm really curious to know why this became a problem all of a sudden.

It does seem like my computer runs hotter than before, however I can still hear the fan going. Could that be an issue? This literally just happened yesterday, while I was at a gig. However the night before I used it at a gig and it was just fine. One key difference is that on Friday when it was running fine, I had the S2 running through a separate line level mixer so the volume was a lot lower. Yesterday I had the speakers plugged directly into the S2. Could and had the run the master much higher. Could that also be an issue?

I've experienced the same thing, particularly if the computer is bumped or I'm banging away on my midifighter. What kind of laptop are you using?
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    I've experienced the same thing, particularly if the computer is bumped or I'm banging away on my midifighter. What kind of laptop are you using?
    I'm using an HP PC. Or did you want specifics about the processor, RAM etc?

The thing is, I've been playing the same way I always have, and all of a sudden last night, my load meter went through the roof.

Do you think the master volume plays a part in this? That was the only thing different from last night compared to Saturday.

hmmmm... mines an HP too and my symptoms are pretty much identical to yours.

I have no idea if master volume plays a role, but one thing I've found on mine is if I open up task manager while the spike is going on, its the Windows media player network process that's actually spiking. I have no clue why this would be.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Interesting...I actually uninstalled WMP when I did a system restore...Which in hindsight was kind of stupid because I didn't have a media playing application and had to find and install something else.