should i upgrade from a vci-300 to a vci-100 SE?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default should i upgrade from a vci-300 to a vci-100 SE?

Hey guys I'm really debating about getting a vci-100 SE since I've been using my vci-300 with itch and I was a native traktor user before and now that I've found the Special Edition along with its crazy firmware and mapping, it looks like a lot more damage can be done with the vci-100? Or should I wait until something better comes? With the 300's lack of effects I am really tempted...

should I fight the urge?

VFX vci 300 effects controller should be one the way. not really upgrading or down grading. serato itch is faster and more precise but traktor allows you to expand more with 3-4 deck mixing and has lots of effects already. i personally prefer the vci 300 but traktor pro and a vci 100 is equally sick if not sicker in some ways. its kind of a preference thing in general
    Last edited by Phormula1.8T; 06-02-2009 at 01:54 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Phormula1.8T View Post
    serato itch is faster and more precise
    I don't agree with you, how is serato faster and more precise than traktor?

Aren't you able to map your vci300 with traktor with the bome translator? I don't think the difference between the vci 100 and 300 is huge, but its your money =)

Want to trade?

Black VCI-100 with Jog Grips and firware upgrade kit....plus PreSonus Firebox for your 300?
    Last edited by Bodega Brad; 06-02-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Tech Guru

I would hang onto the 300..some good things are coming soon for it
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Get both.....they both really are great but i do find itch more stable always have the fear traktor is gonna crash.

Tech Guru

If ya need just two decks and wanna jam on the fly, Itch is the way to go. If ya want fx and more to your set, Traktor. They are both now pretty strong. I find Itch and the 300 feels just like real vinyl. Traktor and a VCI-100 is not as tight for sure when manual beatmatching or scratching. I am really getting into Itch too these days as the software is developing.
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

osoner- as stated above the precision and speed come into play in situations such as fast scratching which is definately cleaner on itch. this isnt to say that its better or worse than traktor, just different imo.
    Last edited by Phormula1.8T; 06-04-2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Tech Guru

They are really two different systems and set ups. This not any upgrade. 300 and Itch can seriously kick, if ya get into it. Stability and precision are there, just the dj has to work and beatmatch like on real decks. ..sounds 'natural' to me. (yes, Itch has a sync too if ya too drunk to spin)
    If you are cleaver, you can use the 300 for Traktor too.
    Not to say the VCI-100 is dope too..so like two different cars in the lot.
    Last edited by claudek; 06-04-2009 at 03:21 AM.
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Wizard

claudek as we both now the sync on itch is a joke so you need to be able to beatmatch!

for mixing at home traktor is lots of fun but my major issue with it (which seems to apply across controllers not just the 300) is that quite often controls get "stuck", especially the pitch control - this means that if the sync isn't perfect then you can find yourself unable to make corrections on the fly, which is really unhelpful if you spin anything which has live drums in it.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast