Ableton audio into Traktor ?! (Remix Deck Loop hole) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If Traktor had Rewire.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Ahem: Torq is actually easier to map with more options, and Ableton's mapping function unfortunatly sucks for anything requiring feedback and many "simple" controls still are not mappable without third party add-ons (quantize and browsing for example).

But for most DJ functions your right - its pretty damn straight forward, getting live set up the way you want on the other hand :P
    I stand corrected then.

Tech Wizard

I just figured out how to set this up last week. Here's the steps:

JackRouter Preferences:
    - Driver: coreaudio
    - Input: whichever sound card you use (yes, even "Built-In Audio" works)
    - Output: Same thing...
    - Sample rate: 441000 (this is tricky to mess with... you can try later if you want, but i'd recommend sticking with the default)
    - Buffer size: 512
    - NONE OF THE CHECK BOXES...
    - Interface input and output should be set to the number of inputs and outputs your sound card has.
    - Virtual input and output: you could get away with 2 each, but it supports up to ten. Personally, i use 4x4 because thats all I need
    - Again... NONE OF THE CHECK BOXES

Set Live to output the audio to Jack:
    - Go to preferences and set audio output device to JackRouter. (You may need to click the config button to make sure the outputs are actually enabled)
    - Next, f the input/output pannel isn't being shown in Ableton (in clip view), click on the I-O button and make sure that the master out is going to 1/2 or whichever JackRouter outputs you'll be using as inputs in traktor. I personally have it set up where I have 2 sets of outputs, a C-deck and a D-deck. This can be achieved by making 2 additional audio tracks in Ableton, setting the "Monitor" setting in the I-O pannel to "IN", and using different master outs for each (1/2 & 3/4).

Getting the audio into Traktor:
    - Once you're in Traktor, go into the settings and "Audio Setup".
    - Select JackRouter as the output device.
    - Go to decks layout and make sure that at least one of the decks is set up with "Live Input" as the flavor (rather than "Track or Remix Deck")
    - Go to "Input routing"
    - Select the inputs (which will be from Jack) that correspond to the outputs you chose in Ableton. Make sure that these inputs are on the deck(s) that you set up the live input for.
    - Go to "Output routing"
    - The "Output Master" is what you get your actual audio from so make sure to send that audio to a jackrouter port (or 2).
    - Just a note: You can select "JackRouter Out 1" as the out even though you may have used it in Ableton too. It actually isn't the same port. JackRouter controls the audio by giving each program the # of ports you specified. (In my case 4 ins/ 4 outs). The ports are completely different for each program and you'll route them all separately anyways.

Configuring JackRouter Routing:
    - This is often the part of the setup that gets overlooked and is usually why the audio is never heard. Every input and output in jack must be routed to wherever it needs to go.
    - Click on "Routing" in the JackPilot window. You should see drop-down options that say "Live" and "Traktor"
    - In "Receive Ports" highlight the input for Traktor that you want to route an output from Ableton to.
    - Double click on the output from "Live" (in send ports) that corresponds with that input in Traktor.
    - For example: Highlight Traktor:In1 and double click on Live:Out1
    - Set the "playback_#" ports in "Receive Ports" to be connected with the outputs you're sending Traktor's audio to (Traktor:Out1&2 for me)

If you have any questions or concerns I'd love to hear anyone's take on this setup. It hasn't let me down yet, and I've been pushing it around this past week. If my writing doesn't make enough sense I could make a video outlining exactly what to do also, just send me a message.

How are you sync'ing Live to Traktor's tempo?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

I have Live syncing to Traktor's midi clock although it can be done the other way around too.
    Check out this video for help on setting it up.

I haven't had a problem with the setup yet, although you may need to adjust the sync delay in Live though every now and then depending on the CPU load and what you're passing through Live and Traktor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12